Csection/aches and pains - how to get in shape?

LPF

Reaction score
I had quite a battering during labour with an emcs and I lost 40lbs in the three weeks postpartum due to the ga, bf, no appetite etc. I weighed less then than before I was pg!

Since then I've put on about 7 lbs probably due to stopping bf recently but I've got the dreaded cs scar and pouch overhang which makes everything tight.

I also feel about 60 - ache all the time, exhausted, backache etc etc!!

I'm back at work in three months and I need a lot of stamina so I want to start feeling more normal but I've no idea how to! I've got no time, no where to go.

I never really exercised before because I would walk over 10000 steps daily in my job which kept me trim! I feel totally different now.......

Oh my gosh. I could have written this. My whole body hurts now after the C-section, in more places than ever. I had the section due to pelvic and back problems, but now other parts of my back hurt, and sortof everywhere. Like you, I need to get my body back, because I'm in med school and will be on my feet for many hours a day. The problem is, most activities exacerbate my pelvic/back/hip problems. So confused. :wacko:

Glad it's not just me!

I'm a therapist at the hospital so I walk the corridors and wards all day so you need some stamina!

I feel the same. I had my section a year ago, and i lost most of my weight but i have a pouch the hangs over my scar. What ever i've tried it doesn't go. My muscles are now too weak for situps, and i find it aches when i do the exercise. I'm thinking that when i have another baby i'll ask them for a tummy tuck at the same time :)

tbh i think the only thing that gets rid of that dreaded pouch is surgery :( i hate mine and may have a tummy tuck eventually as im guessing i will have more c sections in future.exercise definitely helps tone up the muscles that are cut during the section though and get them strong again as they become weak otherwise. im starting pilates for this soon which ive heard is great

oh yes, everything hurts and that makes me so annoyed. everyday, I go to bed with aches everywhere. I started cardio this week nearly 8 weeks pp and that feels good. i guess for weight loss we just need to be patient and persistent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->