Csection ladies...! Personal hospital gown question!

ashleyg

Mama to three
Reaction score
Can you bring a personal hospital gown to wear if you're not having a natural birth? Or will they make you wear theirs for the surgery?

I like having my own stuff in the hospital so I want to get a nice comfortable one to wear while I'm there. Just wondering if any of you have done it or if you know if you can.

Thanks!

I think for the actual surgery they will make you wear a hospital one, though I'm not 100% sure. I didn't have a scheduled one, it was emergency.
You'll be able to change into your own gown after though.

I was definitely changed into a hospital gown when I was prepped for surgery. As soon as the anaesthetic had worn off enough for me to wash and change I put my own clothes on for the rest of the stay.

They might allow you to wear your own, I don't know if it's a rule, but for the actual surgery you may as well have a hospital one and not get your own stained.

That's what I was assuming they would make me do. Thanks for the help ladies!

I was wearing my own but mine was an emergency c section at the final stage of labour so they probably didn't have time to change me. You'll be able to change into your own as soon as you can move about though, in fact they usually encourage you to have a shower quite soon to get you moving as it helps you heal better.

I wore a hospital gown to the surgery, and once I was up and walking the next day, and able (sort of) to shower, I put on a button-down nightgown from home that I could unsnap to nurse my daughter easily.

I wore my own whilst waiting then I worse there's plus mine because otherwise I'd show off my bum walking to the theater. Then after the catheter was out I took a shower and put my own stuff on. So defo bring your own bits and obviously wash stuff but I wouldn't worry about bath towels as (tmi) you get blood on it.

You have to wear theirs because then if theres an emergency and they need to do cpr or shock you then they can just pull it off without any problems rather than having to try and get it off over your head. Most of the time they undo the ties on them before you lay down - for obvious reasons. They have to have easy access to you - even when the chances are small they still have to follow protocol/regulations. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->