Csection Mums, will you VBAC or Section again?

My LO was EMCS because we'd just found out she was breech and then labor started at 35 weeks (after I spent a few hours holding a friend's newborn and got dehydrated that day, which I will definitely not do should I get PG again!). My doc says that I was very low-risk and still should be, so a VBAC should be a good option for us.

I'd like to do VBAC because I worry that many of LO's problems (NICU for 12 days, lungs not ready, reflux, and very high-need early on) could have been connected to being yanked out of my belly too soon and without all the hormonal surges and such that go along with being pushed out.

That being said, I'd absolutely do another CS if that was the only way I could have another LO. But I would fight tooth and nail to get them to wait as close to by DD as possible.

Oh, and I do sometimes think to myself... Man, do I really want a VBAC? That would be wrecking the one part that didn't already get changed by motherhood! :) But I'm sure I'll get over that.

Funny the reasons I've read about ruining your lady parts my baby was nearly 10lb and my lady parts are fine and dandy, trust your bodies, new birth new baby new scenario. You get one chance to birth these babies and if babies had a say in vagial birth or c section they'd say vaginal, being born onto a plastic sheet and whisked through the air to be nasaled or straight into mummy's arms and hear mummy's voice heard 1st.

I was kidding about my reasoning being a perfectly intact vag. I had a very hard time after having my c-section because I was put to sleep and didn't get to see her for 2 hours after she was born. I would have much rather had a vaginal delivery. :thumbup:

Hell, I feel cheated out of the last trimester of pregnancy:nope:, if I had a choice initially I would have had a vaginal birth but now that I've already had one section I kind of feel like thats the path thats been set for future pregnancies now. For me it is what it is, Good on the ladies who VBAC though :thumbup:

I think here in Illinois, from friends who have had csections, they say once you have a csection -- if you have another baby, you have to have a csection no matter what and are then labeled as 'high risk'.

My LO just wouldn't come out, I pushed and she would be on the verge of crowning, then suck back up. This went on for 3.5hrs. My pregnancy was nice and boring. It is kind of a bummer that if I were to have another baby I would be considered high risk. But if I have to have another csection, it won't bother me at all. I had a really great experience having a csection.

Ooh I think about this a lot!

I had an elective for breech so also had no contractions etc... I had planned a hypnobirthing water birth when we found out he was breech at 37 weeks. I was deverstated.

My experience was great though apart from a few niggles (they took my lo and hubby away more or less straght after he was born) we were apart for best part of an hour after his birth which I strongly disagree with.
Apart from that I recovered quickly and its left we wondering if I should do it again..........

The other part of me so wants the water birth and to actually birth my child. When I watch OBEM its the natural births that really get me crying the c section ones leave me a little cold :( xx

I could have written this post myself! I'm not planning on another pregnancy any time soon, but I think I will go for a vbac, if anything because I'd like to know what labor feels like.
However, they had a very hard time with my spinal and it was a planned csection. I can't imagine how bad it'd be if they had to work between contractions...

I didnt get to push at all.. stopped progresing past 6cm after waters broke 48hours before her delivery.. i really wannnna avoid c section will let mysel labour alittle. If not worked il hav c ection bt want to try

Mennely- why did they do it that way?

Kesslie wouldn't come out. I've honestly never heard of anything like it, but it happened this time. They tried just taking her out once they had me opened up, and nothing doing. They tried foreceps to get her to come out. Nope. They tried the vacuum thing, still couldn't get her out. (And yes, this was all c-section!) So they had to cut me in an inverted T shape, so they could open up my uterus more and force her out.

She had decided she was not moving out. LOL! So any future kids (if we have any, as I'm already high risk without that!) are absolutely going to have to be c-sec. You can't vbac with a vertical cut.

I was in labour for 43 hours just on gas and air, and made it to 8cm. I wasn't dilating because I couldn't relax and tensed up all the time. Then, I felt I failed because I agreed to a section due to tiredness as MW offered to stretch me to 9cm. It gutted me, and I'm scared to go through another cesarean. Nothing was discussed about VBAC at any of my check ups either, so I doubt it's on the cards.

mennely- oh wow that must have been hard your baby was just so snug and comfy in you1 XX

I had an emergency c-section after having a great, quick, 4 hour labor because the baby's heart rate dropped and he wouldn't come out even with a vacuum. I ended up with 2 episiotomie scars and a c-section scar! Besides being very uncomfortable, I felt very cheated with my labor and was very jealous of women who were able to deliver naturally. I got the baby blues and the difficult labor and recovery made it so much worse.

I was adamant about trying for a VBAC with my next pregnancy and I was able to easily! It was a great experience for my husband and me and the recovery is way nicer than with a c-section. I would highly recommend trying to VBAC if you can. If I have another baby, I will definitely plan on another VBAC.

I hope to never have another child as one is more than enough for us and one of those reasons is because the birth was traumatic even with good midwives and wonderful hospital staff.
Edit: looking back now in hindsight I would have another C section :) most definitely!!!
as long as it was planned off course

I was just in shock those first two days after the emcs and felt regret but now I am so so so so thankful I missed out on labour and vaginal problems. Also my little girl was gently lifted out perfectly too and I have dis solvable stitches and the scar is no more noticeable than my stretchmakrs, no my stretchmarks are worse and best of all my lady bits look the same as before getting pregnant and my lochia has stopped yay

how could women not want that? who would rather go through heavy blood loss, tears, episitomoties and hemmroids from pushing???

VBAC, I am not coping emotionally at all with having an emergency section after 17 hours of labour. I feel like I couldn't even give birth to my own daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->