CTC award

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

Not sure if anyone can help. Lo born 11th nov, I called tax credits onthurs 14th to notify and today £28.56 has appeared in my bank but I havent received any confirmation of our award. I believe based on 26.1k we could get approx 200pm. Am I able to call them to ask when this payment is for etc as I could be waiting forever with royal mail.

Also anyone hazard a guess as to when this payment is for, when.next will be and our award total etc? Lol.

Xx

Could be anything, I wouldn't like to second guess it as their random payments are often not related to the actual amount you will get. They once gave me a once off payment of £28 and followed a letter saying on my normal payment date they were taking back £200. I mean why give me money if I owe them?

But yes I would call and ask

Congrats on your LO :) with tax credits I usually find I get a strange payment and then not long after I get a letter, it usually works out all ok so I would just wait for the award notice to come through, unless you're anxious in which case no issues calling.

Thank you! I called as nothing in post and they said thats first one off payment then getting another 203 on 13th dec and another 202 every 4 wks last payment being 4th april.

I had a letter in june asking if income was less than a certain amount and if not not to do anuthing. So I didnt (we had open claim but werent able to claim anything). So they have based it on 26k (even though actual income was approx 27.5k but they said as less than 5k increase it wont matter. This years income may be 2k more than the 26k but again they said it doesnt natter if under 5k and that whatever this yrs income is nxt yrs will be based on that (but I will give them an estimate if I think it will be more than 5k increase on the 27.5k we earn this yr which I v.much doubt. Lol. Yhey said jist to call them in april and give thrm our p60 totals taking off my smp. They said as long as ee dont think our pay will drop by over 2.5k or increase by over 5k that pur payments should be accurate based on previous yrs p60.

I also asked about when to tell them about childcare costs and they 7 days before we start paying them,in july next year.

Xx

Hulahoop is the 27k what you'll earn minus your 100 per week for smp?

I dont know whether it's worth applying! As using thiş years figures minus smp we would be entitled ?

Hiya yeah hun. I think if you have 2 children and jointly earn under 32k its worth applying. In tue coming yrs we may end up earning over 32k jointly so wont be able to get any ctc but will get help from the childcare element.

Had award ketter and they based ours on earnings of 26868 (actual earnings for last year was 27.9k but as was less than 5k increase they said no point changing it. From 11nov to 5april we have been given an award of £1042

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->