Cuddling my baby

my LO has just gone to sleep on his own for virtually the first time!! We keep a tarvel cot in teh living room for daytime naps and he is in there snoozing right now, having dozed off all on his own, with a teddy and dummy. I'm so excited! He has done it once before but that was when he was tiny and newborn. Today is a momentous day!

my LO has just gone to sleep on his own for virtually the first time!! We keep a tarvel cot in teh living room for daytime naps and he is in there snoozing right now, having dozed off all on his own, with a teddy and dummy. I'm so excited! He has done it once before but that was when he was tiny and newborn. Today is a momentous day!

:yipee::wohoo:

karen, will my baby start to look drowsy as she gets older, she's coming up to 3 weeks?

her sleep/eat pattern is erratic at the mo. she sleeps fine at night, in the day i put her in her cot at random intervals and she always screams after about ten minutes. like the other posters say, has she learnt bad habits already?

holldoll - is this strategy you mentioned suitable for 3 week old babies?

Every baby is definatley different. Benn is 3 now and hasnt had a problem going to sleep on his own or being cuddled. I breastfed him until he was 10mths old and he used to fall asleep on me there wasnt anything i could do to stop him doing that. When i stopped breastfeeding i gave him milk in a beaker and let him drink it on his own sat next to me and then id put him in the cot. He never moaned about it and has always gone to bed brilliantly. I always stuck to bath, milk and bed. This time ill defo being trying to put her down awake just incase i was just very lucky first time round lol.

i cuddled and rocked Sean to sleap a lot in the beginning, almost 24/7. He was a colicky baby and was just more comfortable sleeping upright. It doesnt seem to have caused problems as I now can put him into his bed after his last feed at 9:30pm and he stays there till 6:30+ During the night I can hear him wake up on the monitor, give the odd little cry or do a couple of farts and then he goes back to sleep. In the day if he wakes up during a nap, i just pop his dummy in his mouth and he goes back to sleep.

holldoll - is this strategy you mentioned suitable for 3 week old babies?

Yes, you can't expect too much for a 3 week old. Like someone else mentioned, until a baby is 4+ months they really aren't capable of self soothing.

karen, will my baby start to look drowsy as she gets older, she's coming up to 3 weeks?

her sleep/eat pattern is erratic at the mo. she sleeps fine at night, in the day i put her in her cot at random intervals and she always screams after about ten minutes. like the other posters say, has she learnt bad habits already?

Dont worry,it's from 3 months old that they start to associate certain routines with certain things,so wait a while longer.Then you need to get more strict.First month is crazy anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->