Culann Patrick arrives 25/11/09

jenny82

Reaction score
Helloooo!

Finally getting some mummy-time to catch up with myself!

Culann arrived on 25th November, 5 days early. If anyone from 3rd tri can remember, I was feeling soooo frustrated and ready to have the baby. I tried everything, then on the 24th, resigned myself to the fact that baby was never coming out. I decided to enjoy the last week or so of my pregnancy and went shopping with my mum, took the dog for a walk, made chocolate chip muffins and a lovely dinner, even had a glass of wine!! Finished the day off with some pineapple while watching tv.

Got a very mild show just before I headed to bed at midnight and got excited, thinking that this week could be it! But then started to get really bad back pain at about 1am whilst in bed. I realised pretty quickly that they were coming every 15 minutes or so, but didn't want to think about it too much or even wake OH, as it would get him too excited!

After about 45 minutes, I realised that they were coming pretty regularly and getting more and more uncomfortable. Needed to go to the loo a lot as well! Pain kept getting worse and contractions closer together. I practised my yoga breathing and ended up just rolling backwards & forwards on my ball, as this was the only way I could get comfy.

By about 7am, I'd had enough and got OH to call the hospital. Contractions were all over the place, 7mins, 8mins, 2mins, 10mins etc. I thought I was maybe timing them wrong as well! We called the hospital and were told to come in (safely - weather was sooo bad outside). So we arrived there about 8am, fully expecting them to check me over, give me stronger painkillers and send me home!

Got checked out, only to find that I was 8cm along! Holy crap! No time for any pain relief...baby was coming very shortly!

Talked quickly over our options with the midwife and she suggested I give a waterbirth a go, since all I could really have at that point was gas & air. Got in the pool by 11, had baby at 12.35 - he was 7lb 10oz :)

The gas & air sent me completely crazy though. I was dozing in between contractions and having crazy dreams! The midwife had the radio on in the background and for certain songs, I was dreaming along with it. Lionel Richie came on and I thought he was in the room with me at one point :D

OH & my mum were also in the room. We had to chuck my mum out at one point though, as she kept texting on her phone and it kept ringing - I could've killed her!!! She also kept trying to chat to the midwife, asking just little questions to pass the time. She was only allowed back in on the condition and she sat in the corner and didn't say a word :)

OH on the other hand, was amazing. There is no way I could've done it without him. He kept me going through each contraction and calmed me down when I was getting too panic-y. Just before the final push, I had a slight panic attack, begging the midwife to cut me open haha!

I have complete rose-tinted glasses about the whole experience. After it was over, I was in shock for about a day. I barely spoke to the other 2 women on my ward and was in a daze for ages. Now though, I feel great - my healing has been brilliant, which I'm convinced was because of the lack of any medication. I would do it all again for him though - he is a wee angel! :D

OH took some pics on the night, which annoyed me at the time, but looking back, I'm so glad he did! Had one last photo of my bump before it went away :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/beckett_irl/sets/72157622752681981/

And pic taken today, 6 days old :happydance:

Congratulations, hes beautiful :)

Bet that was such a shock being that far along when they examined you!

Well done hun x

Congrats hun. The photos are fab and your little boy is beautiful.xxx

Congratulations hunni what a lovely labour story
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79