Cup of tea in the evening

AK89

Reaction score
I've obviously been trying to limit my caffeine intake while breastfeeding (and the whole time I was pregnant!) and I now drink about 2-3 cups of tea or instant coffee a day. I was just wondering though, should I be avoiding having a cup of tea in the evening 'cause it might affect her sleep through the night??

I'm not a big tea drinker but we went away for the weekend and I drunk a lot of it and noticed no difference in his sleep!
I also eat a lot of chocolate n he's still a great sleeper so I wouldn't worry too much. U could try it one night and see if u notice a difference

There is no scientific evidence that supports any effect on babies when mom ingests caffeine.

I wondered the same and apparently it's one of those things that varies from baby to baby. This link has loads of good info:

https://kellymom.com/bf/can-i-breastfeed/lifestyle/caffeine/

I have not noticed ANY effect on my dd's sleep from my caffeine intake. Although I suppose it could vary depending on baby. If your DD still takes good naps after your day-time tea then I wouldn't worry about evening tea.

I steer clear if caffeine after 3pm just in case.....haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->