Cupcakes and rainbows!!

Scottish mum

Reaction score
I met with a couple of friends and there babies today. The oldest is 6 months and youngest is 2 weeks.

We got talking about our expectations as new mothers and how we expected it to be all cupcakes and rainbows and how we would have the overwhelming love for our Los when they were born but it didn't happen!!!

Anybody else find this. My lo is amaizing and I love him to bits but when he was new born it wasn't what I expected and it would appear I'm not the only one!! X

I expected LO to sttn by 3 months like I kept reading about some lo's on here... HAHAHAHAHA LO woke up 5x last night & 7x the night before.

Like greats, I also expected him to be sleeping fairly well by 5 months, and he so is not :coffee:

But the birthing class I took did a good job about informing us on what to expect from a newborn, so we weren't expecting much from him the first few months. But he really was cuter on day one than we were lead to expect :happydance:

I just wanted to give you guys a little ray of hope and tell you that at 4 months old my LO was waking up 5/6 times a night on average and hardly sleeping, and just now (for the past week) he is back to sleeping a good 5 hour stretch in the beginning of the night. Sometimes 6 if I am lucky. I think developmentally 4 months is a big one which explains the aforementioned sleep regression but not all babies keep the terrible sleep patterns that accompany it. Although I have read on here a few mums that say their LO's never fully recovered from the sleep regression. But you never know, you might be lucky in a month or two :D

Definitely not cupcakes and rainbows! My LO is comparatively easy, it was the hormones! I was a complete mess for weeks, 13 weeks later I still have my days. I've found it so, so hard which has opened my eyes to the fact that it could have gone incredibly badly if LO was more difficult. Listening to my childless friends about the plans they have for maternity leave makes me want to laugh in their faces... I barely have time to cook a meal, let alone study for an open university degree or mark exam papers!

Definitely not cupcakes and rainbows! My LO is comparatively easy, it was the hormones! I was a complete mess for weeks, 13 weeks later I still have my days. I've found it so, so hard which has opened my eyes to the fact that it could have gone incredibly badly if LO was more difficult. Listening to my childless friends about the plans they have for maternity leave
makes me want to laugh in their faces... I barely have time to cook
a meal, let alone study for an open
university degree or mark exam
papers!

Haha this is me! My lo is a great little boy and I still at times find it hard!! My neighbour is pregnant and when I see her I always make a point in talking to her! I think she gets a bit annoyed about me always telling her to get lots of sleep now I can see her look past me like she's thinking "keep your opinions to yourself" hehe .......just wait!!!! Hehe

so true!!!!! I didn;t get the instant motherly love and I still feel bad for that. I felt obligation to him but I'll be honest I used to get annoyed that he wans;t an easy baby. It did come at about 6 wks and now he;s 11 mths and I could just squish and cuddle him all day :) but easy it has not been!

I'm going to write a book about all this stuff for women to have a true read rather than a false, gushy type must do book lol xx

Maybe it's my advanced age, ahem I mean 'wisdom' but I expected it to be complete shit for the first couple of years, that way if there was any good I would be pleasantly surprised!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->