Cups...

joeyjo

Mum to 2boys, growing #3
Reaction score
I started LO with water in a doidy at home and he manages some but not much...

When out it was really difficult so I bought him a free flow TT sippy cup and he seemed to click straight away and he really likes it.

We are persevering with the Doidy at home because I want him to be able to use a proper cup but he can't even seem to grasp holding the sides or the handles and wants to hold the rim all the time. He sometimes tries to lap the water.

A few days ago we went out and I forgot his cup so I carefully let him sip water from my glass and he managed this really well - much better than he manages the Doidy, he held the sides properly and drank well.... I tried a glass again today at home and it went better than the Doidy. Just wondering wheter to buy him a normal open beaker... hmmm

What have your experiences with cups been?

As you know i had to use the Doidy with El and she does exactly the same as G, She holds the rim not the handles. There is no way she could feed herself with it as she'd just drop it.

El won't drink water but she will drink baby juice so what i have one is bought some plastic cups (open cups) from the disney shop with handles on them and a plastic thing on the bottom. I hold the plastic stand thing on the bottom and get El to hold the handle so she thinks she's doing it herself.

She now knows she only gets milk from the doidy and juice from the disney cups!

If you can get away with not using the doidy i'd skip it and go straight onto a normal cup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->