Curious... ab workouts and tww?

Rae.Rae

Reaction score
Yes or no? I like working out, including working on my core. But, since I'm 5dpo, do you think that could affect my chances of a sticky bean?

Not sure about during the tww, but I did ask my dr about crunches and ab work early in my last pregnancy and he said it should be fine until the baby gets bigger, more in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters.

You should be fine. That being said, I strategically scheduled a "rest week" from 2-9dpo....just started working out again today (and got a super faint line on a test this AM)....

It is really good to work your core up to and through pregnancy. Once you are with child you have to change your workout, but keeping your pelvic floor, back and abs strong is a huge plus. There are some great standing ad workouts on Pintrest that are bump friendly when you get your BFP!

Thanks ladies! Today makes 6dpo and I had a very nice temp shift this morning... I had been rising regularly but this was a solid just of about .25 F! Fingers crossed... we've been trying for nearly 3 years, with a mc 1.5 years ago. I'd say we're ready for a sticky bean!

Check this out ladies...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...arked-media-storm-continues-defy-critics.html

Nice! I used to be pretty overweight and, over the course of 4ish years, have lost 90+ lbs (I stopped using a scale, so the actual number is unknown to me). Keeping up with my "new body" is important for my confidence, as well as to hopefully help make pregnancy smoother and labor less intense! At the same time though, I don't want to over do it to the point where I could potentially cause myself difficulty in ttc. I'm no where near as intense as that woman in the article- I wish!- but it certainly goes to show that babies are pretty resilient in their protective womb. Lol.

FWIW, I lift weights. I took a "rest" during the first half of the TWW (for implantation! and because research has proven I gain strength better in the follicular phase than the luteal phase). I plan to continue lifting weights as long as I can throughout my pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->