Curious how long it took for you to conceive while breastfeeding?

overseasbaby

Reaction score
Hello fellow moms!

We are trying to conceive and I'm still breastfeeding our daughter who is now 26 months. I never thought I'd breastfeed this long, but I guess it runs in my family. My mom was a long-term breastfeeder with my three siblings and myself and my older sister was a LLL leader and long-term breastfeeder also! :thumbup:

Anyway, now we'd like to have another baby. My period has been back for 15 months and has been relatively consistent, though not completely, during breastfeeding.

We only started trying again a couple months ago. Today my period is one day late and I told myself I wouldn't obsess! :winkwink: To be fair, I didn't - until now. The entire two week wait, I was relaxed, went along with my life and didn't think about it once. But now that I'm officially late, I can't help myself. I don't want to test too early though.

So, ladies! Tell me: how long did it take you to conceive while breastfeeding?

Did you have obvious symptoms? When did the symptoms begin?

I have lower back pain, very mild nausea (as of today), sore nipples when my daughter latches on (ouch!) and highly increased sensitivity to smells.

But those could all be either my imagination or just PMS! Ha!!

I'm dying to hear what you experienced! xoxoxo :kiss:

I got my first period at 19 months, but had a very short LP for a few months, finally conceiving successfully when Alice turned 2. I didn't have obvious symptoms until I was a few weeks, but I got a positive test around the time AF would have arrived. Good luck!

I was sill breastfeeding my first, altho had cut down but had still had no period. Conceived in the first month of trying! No symtoms really just tested as we had not been careful that month and there was my bfp! Xxx

one 'session'! dd was no longer night feeding and i had one period before i conceived

My periods returned when Isabella was about 18 months, but they remain irregular even now. We TTC until she was 2yrs 2months with no success, then had to stop trying due to complicated work reasons. I'm hoping it will happen fairly quickly when we start trying again in a few months!

I think everyone is so different! I am breastfeeding twice a day and we are in our 2 month of TTC, I am currently in the 2WW. My cycle came back at 9 months pp regular but a short LP. Last month 9 days so I am stalking to see what others say. But the only early symptom I got with my dd was smell, bad feet everywhere lol! Why don't you test?

I know! I should just test...but back in September, our first month of TTC, my period was 5 days late and I did two tests and was all in a tizzy over a possible false negative. Then it looked like I might need to have some minor surgery so we didn't try in October. Now we are back to it and I'm trying not to get into a tizzy! I told myself I'd wait until my period is a week late this time. ;)

Good luck @Charlie15!! I've got my fingers crossed for you. xo

Great feedback, gals! I'm feeling hopeful. :dust:

I would have no patience, lol. i am a poas addict, but I understand. I got a bad batch of ic and got several that looked like positives but turned out I wasn't.

After dd as soon as I was cleared we never used birth control. I got my period back around a year but still nothing. I started using opk's and the first month of getting a positive I got pregnant, but sadly that ended in mc. Then after waiting a cycle we got pregnant again after a positive opk and that was this pregnancy. I am not sure if I wasn't ovulating before (I was getting a regular period, but didn't use opks for more than a year) or what, but I found out that I was actually ovulating around cd 20-21, much later than I thought so it might have been that we weren't dtd at the right time before.

Good luck! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->