Curtain drops! Confused!

Lilmiss1

Mum
Reaction score
Hi just wondering how low the drop should go for curtains and net curtains. Do the nets go slightly above the window sill and the proper curtains below the window sill?
Thanks!

Never had net curtains but most people's go to the bottom of the window sill from what I've seen and normal curtains I have them way below the window

net curtains should sit just on or a centimeter of the windowledge
normal curtains go below the window ledge some of our curtains even go all the way down to the floor

yup nets touch the windowsill and curtains just below the sill or to the floor imo.. mine go half way between the sill and the floor atm and it really bugs me, can't afford to buy new though!

Net curtains are suposed to sit inside the recess of your window like a blind does so its the same height as your window. Curtains sit outside the recess so its preference as to whether you have them windowsill height, slightly longer or floor length. I'm a floor length person, makes the room less echoey, feels warmer and more homely rather than the "rented and I'm not buying real curtains" feel. lol :)

however we dont have floor length curtains as the radiator is bleow the window so the curtais would block all the heat iykwim so like a pp said its personal preferance as to how long you have them :)

ive never had nets but agree they should just skim the window sill if you're gonna have them & it's up to you how long you want your curtains to be but I prefer them to reach the floor x

What the others have said about the nets. I personally like curtains to the floor but if you have a radiator infront of the window I would get them just slightly longer than the radiator. That way you can tuck them in when closed and it will help keep the heat in :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->