Cycle 2, Same Protocol, Not responding?

Wish2BMom

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm on my 2nd IVF cycle - I started stimming last Friday with the same protocol I had with cycle 1. Since we were successful that round, my doc figured we wouldn't change anything up. Cycle 1, after 10 days of stimming, yielded 7 follicles, 6 eggs and we ended up transferring 2 and freezing 1. Got a BFP but that ended around 7 weeks due to trisomy-22.

Fast forward to this week - I went for my first scan on Tuesday and she only saw 2 follicles and a thin lining (I had just finished my BCP-induced AF, so that was no surprise). The office wasn't worried since it was only day 5 (4 nights of stimming). Today I had my 2nd scan and it showed no change from Tuesday. So now I'm on day 8...what happens now?

Does anyone know - will they just cancel this cycle? switch up my meds or increase them? Is this anything that I could have done? My schedule with my injections hasn't been spot on due to not being with my meds at the right time:
Fri - 11:30pm injection
Sat-Tues - 8:30 injection
Wed - midnight (was at a concert)
Thurs - 7:10 injection (and plan this time from here on out)

Trying to think of other things I've done differently and I've exercised a few more times, I am taking CoQ10 and different prenatals....I can't think of what else I could be doing that might impact this. And it may be that it's not me at all.

Thoughts are welcome!!

I'm sorry you're cycle is not going like you wanted. I seriously doubt anything you have done has caused this. Did they increase your dosage going forward since there wasn't much progress? Did they tell you what your estrogen level were doing? Those should be a pretty good indication of what is going on in terms of follicle numbers/maturation, I believe.

I have also experienced odd results on Cycle #2. We had success with Cycle #1 (on the FET), so my RE kept my protocol the same. However, on Cycle 1, they retrieved 23 eggs. On cycle 2, only 8! That was a huge shock to me, especially since the cycles were only a couple years apart and my amh level was relatively unchanged. My doctor really didn't have an explanation for the drastic change in eggs. So, I don't really have any advice, but wanted to let you know that you are not alone is being frustrated about differences in cycles.

Hope things turn around in the next couple of days1

Thank you so much, s08! It really is frustrating. I got the call from the nurse yesterday afternoon and she said we are going to stick with the same dosage for now. Another scan tomorrow morning. I hope there's some growth!! As of yesterday, I was still spotting a tiny bit so maybe my body is just taking its time to get over the BCP-induced AF. who knows...
And she did say it wasn't anything I did. That made me feel a little better.
Good luck to you as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"