Cycle #2 testing commences CD3. Opinions appreciated :)

L

LilMiss_91

So, because last month I got what *looked like* the tail end of a surge in like, the first week or so after AF stopped, I've decided that for a few months I'm going to pretty much test every day, starting now. So here's my one from CD3, pic taken around 25-30min (cut off tine for reading is 30mins for these tests). I must admit, it's darker than I expected (test on CD6 last cycle was almost totally blank) but obviously not +tive.

Attachments

• 20150403_164221-1.jpg
    20150403_164221-1.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1
Just for comparison, I know the days aren't exact but isn't it odd last mknths CD6 was non-existent but this cycles CD3 is a definite line?

Attachments

• 2015-03-06 13.14.53-1 (1).jpg
    2015-03-06 13.14.53-1 (1).jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 31
So, I've only done opks for 1 1/2 cycles (wanted to see how the ones at the end of my first cycle would look for comparison), and I personally think there are just too many darn variables, at least for me! How much fluid intake and when; what time of day; what number urine of the day... For me, the lines were just all over the place. I did some 2nd mu that were really dark, and some barely there, so I tried with 1st mu a few times ad most were darker in general, but some really light.

The way I understand it, LH is in your system all the time, and it can become more concentrated in your urine depending on fluid intake, so sometimes that could mimic an lh surge if you were a bit dehydrated.

It may help to track using other methods like temping if you're not already. Which is what I *should* do...but I'm probably too lazy to keep at it properly.

So, I've only done opks for 1 1/2 cycles (wanted to see how the ones at the end of my first cycle would look for comparison), and I personally think there are just too many darn variables, at least for me! How much fluid intake and when; what time of day; what number urine of the day... For me, the lines were just all over the place. I did some 2nd mu that were really dark, and some barely there, so I tried with 1st mu a few times ad most were darker in general, but some really light.

The way I understand it, LH is in your system all the time, and it can become more concentrated in your urine depending on fluid intake, so sometimes that could mimic an lh surge if you were a bit dehydrated.

It may help to track using other methods like temping if you're not already. Which is what I *should* do...but I'm probably too lazy to keep at it properly.

Thanks for replying :) I did plan to chart BBT but when I looked more into it I figured it probably wouldn't work for me as it requires you to have had a certain amount of solid sleep and to wake up and take your temp at around the same time every day. But as DS still wakes up in the night or I usually wake up needing the loo or a drink etc I don't think that would be much more reliable than the OPKs!

Pic taken around 10mins

Attachments

• 20150404_144054-1.jpg
    20150404_144054-1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for replying :) I did plan to chart BBT but when I looked more into it I figured it probably wouldn't work for me as it requires you to have had a certain amount of solid sleep and to wake up and take your temp at around the same time every day. But as DS still wakes up in the night or I usually wake up needing the loo or a drink etc I don't think that would be much more reliable than the OPKs![/QUOTE]

hi lilmiss. It's that time of the month again. I'm the same with bbt. No point for me. I would if I didn't get up lots in the night then up really early.
I really dont know what to make of your opks. Have you heard of the salvia way of testing for ovulation?

Its cd11 for me so I took my first opk today. It's very negative.

Sorry that last month didn't give you your bfp. Let's hope April is our month.

Hi Spud!
I know right, I simply don't understand how it can be so reliable when there are so mang variables. I mean, you can't NOT wake up can you?! If you need to pee you need to pee lol.

No I've never heard of the salvia method?

My OPKs just seem to be all over the place. I didn't test today though as have had ANOTHER virus. That's twice in a month :( ugh.

FX'd we both get lovely undeniably +tive OPKs and mangage to catch those elusive eggs! :dust:

Right, well I missed CD5 due to being ill. But this was from CD6, took the first test and thought it was pretty dark for so early on, so did another to see what happened. The first test pic was taken in the time limit, and the 2nd pic was in the time limit of the 2nd test but over 30mins for the 1st. But seriously... how can these be reliable? These were taken within an hour of each other.

Attachments

• 20150406_170532-1.jpg
    20150406_170532-1.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 0
  • 20150406_171832-1.jpg
    20150406_171832-1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 0
Were they taken with the same sample? What time of day are you testing?

No, different samples but it's not like I went and downed a pint of water in between tests lol. It varies (depends when I get 5mins peace!) but this was at about 4pm I think.

Lol I know. I hope I get a definite positive at some point in this cycle otherwise I'm not sure what I'm gonna do :/

Negative today (CD8) taken at 5pm, pic taken at recommended reading time (5mins)

Attachments

• 20150408_172613(0)-1.jpg
    20150408_172613(0)-1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 0
Im cd 9 today, been testing since Cd7.. I also Hope I get a good positive result this month!!!

How's it going. Cd15 today. I'm hoping to get a positive on cd 17 like last month.

GL pinkpassion :) how long are your cycles usually? Mine are usually 27-29 but went to 32 last month... just to tease me I think! lol.

Hey spud :) hope you get a good positive again. And best get BDing as soon as you do :haha:

According to my MyDays app I should be nearing my fertile window in the next few days so planning to BD every other day till I (hopefully) get a positive OPK and then will BD every day for a few days. Kind of a lazy version of SMEP I guess but seriously, my sex drive is NOT high enough to BD every other day ALL cycle :shrug: I think I'd struggle to enjoy that tbh and I don't want this to turn into a complete mission unless obviously we struggle and have to step up our game. Hmph. Feel a bit overwhelmed at the minute.

My cycles used to be perfect 28 day cycles! Then since Ive had DD and been BF Ive had anywhere from 35-40 days, with all of those being a very short LP, so I'm taking b complex this month to hopefully help that!!

Haha mine were too! And they did pretty much come back just the same but I have the odd long one or the odd short one.

This is my test from today, CD9. Neeeeegatiiiiive.

Attachments

• 20150409_122459-1.jpg
    20150409_122459-1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 0
Could that be moving towards a positive?

My sex drive isn't high enough for bd every other day and I think my dh would lose his mojo too by the time o arrived lol. we bd yesterday. Will try tonight and if o is positive tomorrow we'll try tomorrow night too hopefully. Dh likes a drink in the evening so I've told him to not drink for a few days.

Ive been having spotting and cramping again pre o like last month. I wonder what's going on with that.

It could be, todays test is a definite line but not positive and got a big blank face on thr CBFM I treated myself too (how sad is it that that counts as a treat?!) but that wasn't with FMU. I had the blondest moment possible this morning, gathered together my normal OPK, my CBFM, a cup to pee in and everything. I go to the bathroom, put everything on the side... and then forget to freakin' pee in the cup!! How is that even possible? I ask you :shrug: so this OPK was done with the piddliest amount of FMU I managed to squeeze out after I'd realised what a complete idiot I'd been. sorry for tmi, just had to share that with you!

My OH would LOVE it if we did it every other day (or actually, every day would be good for him too, he has a ridiculous sex drive) but for me, I just wouldn't be able to do that. Between having a low to middling sex drive and usually being tired it's just a no no.

That is odd that you've started getting these O symptoms. At least it lets you know it's coming though! I get absolutely no indication and have no idea as to whether I'm actually Oing at all.

Attachments

• 20150410_083634-1.jpg
    20150410_083634-1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 0
O looking good!! Are you going to test this afternoon too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->