• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cycle Buddy Central!

actually Haus, I was just studying yours! The up and down isn't significant I dont think, but I really like what I'm looking at here :) Do you feel any different? When will you start testing? Any symptoms???

Your chart looks really good.

I am trying to come to terms with how this all might be over for me until a shot at ivf next year.

Aww sweetpea thank you! I loveee chart stalkers!! <3 I'm just really tired. DH watches hockey in the livingroom at night (we're Canadian okay? Haha) and I usually crawl into bed to play a game on my ipad/watch tv and man I nod off so many times it's ridiculous! BUT I'm bringing myself back down to earth by reminding myself that my thyroid is probably making me tired :( How are you feeling? Does your LO know about her new brother or sister yet - or is she too young?

Aw horsey, you are not out yet! We are all rooting for you! :thumbup:

Horsey I don't see anything wrong with your chart lady! Besides you were feeling a bit crampy right? That's a good sign :thumbup:

Haus- tired is the first thing I remember so its good you are tired :p now come on sticky beans! Time to implant for my ladies!

LO knows about her sister/brother. She kisses the tummy and asks when she gets to play with him/her :)

Horsey I don't see anything wrong with your chart lady! Besides you were feeling a bit crampy right? That's a good sign :thumbup:

Haus- tired is the first thing I remember so its good you are tired :p now come on sticky beans! Time to implant for my ladies!

LO knows about her sister/brother. She kisses the tummy and asks when she gets to play with him/her :)

Aw that's so sweet! :)

My temp took a small dip BUT! It should be slightly higher because I temped a bit later than usual. Still hoping haha

horsey and haus your charts both look very promising. Don't give up hope I have a good feeling for both of you! :)

sweetpea- That is so cute about your LO! How much longer until you find out the gender?

I finally got around to my birth story! It is kind of long but here it is:

Starting Tuesday April 30th-May 3rd I was having Braxton Hicks contractions every 6-8 minutes, they did not hurt but were very uncomfortable. Once this started I was feeling like things would happen soon. I had my prenatal appointment on Friday, May 3rd at 39+5. The mid wife checked my cervix and I was one cm dilated and 50% effaced. She did a sweep and said at the most it would be a week until I had the baby but it really could be anytime now. She suggested I try to do some walking to get things going. DH and I went out for dinner that night and had pizza, then went to the mall to do some walking since it was hot outside. While having dinner and walking around the contractions were still about 6-8 minutes apart but at this time they were starting to get slightly painful. We went home and watched tv and while I was laying on the couch I was getting more uncomfortable but still not too bad and I didn’t think it was labor yet. I went to bed around 11 or 12 and woke up at 3 a.m. and that is when the contractions started to get painful. I kept trying to go back to sleep but I couldn’t. For an hour I was in and out of bed and timing the contractions, which were around 5 minutes apart and finally around 4 a.m. I woke DH up and told him I thought this was it. I was starving so I asked him to make me some eggs and toast and I continued to time the contractions, which remained around 4-5 minutes apart. I ate only a few bites of food and took a shower around 5 a.m. and I noticed in the shower they were coming more frequently. Once I got out and timed them again they were 3 minutes apart so I told DH we needed to hurry up and pack the last few things we needed and get moving. He didn’t quite believe I was as far along as I was and kept asking if I was sure it was time yet, but I was in a lot of pain at that point and we had a 30 minute ride to the hospital so I decided we should go to be safe. When we got in the car the contractions slowed down to 6 minutes or so apart, I thought to myself “great I will probably get there and be sent home”. We arrived at the hospital around 6:30 a.m. and were sent to triage and they checked me and said I was 6 cm dilated! I couldn’t believe I was that far along already. So they admitted me and sent me to labor and delivery. I told them in triage that I wanted to epi so they took some blood work and said once that came back ok I could get my epi. The contractions continued to get more intense and I was impatiently waiting for my epi. The anesthesiologist was in an emergency c-section so they said the attending would come. Three times I was told he was on his way and he never showed up. It was such torture thinking the pain relief was coming, I kept staring at the door and no one came. DH and my mom were very surprised at how I was handling the contractions. I wanted complete silence and I just breathed through them and didn’t make a noise. For me it was better to remain in control than to scream in pain. Finally after waiting 2.5 hours the anesthesiologist came and got my epi in within 6 minutes, they said that was very fast and it helped that I was able to start very still which was so difficult during the painful contractions. Getting the epi was so easy and did not hurt at all. Finally I was able to relax and talk normally and take a little nap. I was exhausted as I only slept a couple hours during the night. They checked my cervix again right after the epi was in, and from 7 a.m. until 11 a.m. I hadn’t progressed at all, I was still only 6 cm. They went ahead and broke my water and at this time I was told there was meconium in the water and the baby would not be able to be placed on my chest immediately after birth. They had to check her out first and make sure she was ok. I was very disappointed but all that mattered to me at that point was she is healthy and taken care of. A couple hours after they broke my water they checked me again and I had only progressed to 7 cm so they decided it would be a good idea to start me on Pitocin to get my contractions stronger and closer together. It was around 1:00 p.m. that they started the Pitocin and by around 3:00 p.m. I was fully dilated and the baby’s head was down very low and DH told me he could see her hair and she had dark hair. I started crying at this point because I knew I would be meeting her soon. I was so numb from the epi that I couldn’t feel the contractions so the nurse had to tell me when to push. I didn’t even feel the ring of fire everyone talks about when she crowned. I was told even with the epi I would feel the ring of fire and that pushing on average takes about 2-3 hours. I pushed for around 35 minutes and Shaelyn Marie was born on Saturday, May 4th at 3:38 p.m. weighing 9 pounds 3 ounces and 21 inches long. I was in shock when I heard how big she was. Everything was ok with the meconium and after they checked her out and cleaned her off she was given to me. It was the most amazing feeling looking into her eyes and holding her for the first time, I couldn’t stop crying! I ended up tearing really bad; it was a 3rd degree tear. The recovery hasn’t been fun but it was more than worth it and I would do it all over again for her.

Went to see the mw today. Baby's heartbeat was 149, measuring good. I was told I have an anterior placenta which is the reason I haven't felt much movement so I'm bummed about that.

Ultrasound is June 5th. 3 loooong weeks away til we know boy or girl. I'm impatient!

Yay how exciting! I had an anterior placenta too. I felt very small movements here and there around 17-18 weeks but they weren't obvious until 22-23 weeks.

Thanks Rachel it helps to hear it from someone else. It scares me at times cause everyone else as far along as me have been feeling significant movement.

Haus-when do u test? Come on :bfp:! We could definitely use 2 this month!!!

Beautiful story Rachel! Thanks for taking the time to write it :)

My chart is kind of making me sad - seeing horsey's kind of gives me a teeny bit of hope. Not really expecting anything though if I'm honest. Either way I keep telling myself if I don't get pregnant I have another month that I can wear a size zero. That's an upside right? I hate sounding so vain, but it helps :( Cross those fingers ladies!

Anyways had a draw today to test my thyroid levels so I should find out next week at my appointment if things are still going okay. I have never had a blood draw hurt so much! Omg! The first time I had it done I was nervous because I'm not a fan of needles, but it didn't hurt. The second and third time were a piece of cake, but this time? Stung so bad and my arm had a not so fun stinging sensation for an hour after. Totally weird.

I did late night on....8dpo? (I think it was) and got a :bfn: I'm just waiting for AF, and will test if she's late :)

Can't wait to hear what flavour your bean is Sweetpea!

And good luck Haus, come on, another BFP!

Yep and having another painful start to AF (also wtf another short cycle -27 days). Gonna mention it to my doctor on Tuesday because I really don't like how suddenly this has started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->