Cycle lengths

serendippy

TTC no1
Reaction score
Hello everyone

Has anyone got any issues with their cycle lengths changing? I always used to be a 28-30 girl until about 6 months ago, and now i seem to be all over the place. I have some cycles which are in excess of 40 days and others like the one im on which is 21-25 days. Do you think it could be age doing this? Im 44 and 45 in Feb.

I am in the same boat as you are! I have no idea what's up with my cycle, and have said that my body is just no longer cooperating.

I fear peri-meno is setting is.. but I am sticking with a used addage from someone on the list that...."as long as we bleed, we can bred!" :haha:

I will be seeing my RE next week, and did a complete fertility workup [bloods:mad: CD3 & CD 23; U/S @ CD3, and saline HSG @CD23]. I did a good two month BBT and charting since my original consult, and hubby did a SA - we'll have results of everything next week....and a better idea of what's going on. In all fairness, we've only been 'trying' for a month....we NTNP'ed for three years, but I think a fibroid I have has been acting like a natural iud, and kicking anything that tried to attach out...as evident with one known m/c... I'm 44, and will be 45 in Jan...and have two children 12 and 15 years of age.... If I am enlightened in any way, I'll be sure to share the goods with others who might be in a similar situation....best of luck in ttc!

Hi Rashaa

Yeh peri-menapausal is at the back of my mind too. I had a blood test for that prob about 15 or so months ago now and i wasnt..but well it was quite a while ago.

Its fustrating though cos either FF is sometimes getting me ovulation wrong or my LP is changing more than it should be, i dont know really.

Good luck with your results xx

Hi girls ,I am also 44 :happydance::happydance:So nice to meet other 44 year olds ,my cycle is usually 31-33 days and last month it was day 36 and it looks like it will be 24-26 days this month :dohh:Am also really worried about the Menopause ,have a hospital apt in two weeks as I have just suffered my tenth loss :cry::cry:,am actually frightened to mention my fears in case he proves me right ,I also have four children,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

oh Despie :( I say though...you know you can get pregnant :happydance: I think that's huge... I'm sorry if you have gone through it ad nauseum, but have you ever queried (with your doc through testing or anything) why do you don't go to term with these pregnancies? is there some hormonal deficiency? is there something they can give you to help things along? Ten m/c's is quite a bit to not have some understanding of what is getting mucked in the process [and I don't mean the textbook response of well..chromosonal abnormalities...or old eggs ... or...." yes I know we are aging, but that's quite a big of m/c's ..i know not uncommon for our age especially, but ....

sorry to ramble..would like to hear what your docs have suggested.....or what you have discovered....

:hugs:

Hi Hun,I have had a camera inserted in my womb and everything was clear also had 15 different blood tests and they were all clear but I do have sticky blood syndrome and rheumatoid arthritis so was taking heparin for the first time but sadly I still mc ,my gynae has just agreed to put me on steroids due to my r.a if I get pregnant again,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hiya Desperado

I cant imagine what it must be like for u with having 10 losses, ive had a chemical and that was bad enough. I remember a woman on here who was 41 i think and she suffered lots of losses..she had no probs getting pregnant but keeping them was more tricky. I saw an old post of hers early when i was browsing and shes got a baby now. Hopefully that will be u in a years time x

Hiya Desperado

I cant imagine what it must be like for u with having 10 losses, ive had a chemical and that was bad enough. I remember a woman on here who was 41 i think and she suffered lots of losses..she had no probs getting pregnant but keeping them was more tricky. I saw an old post of hers early when i was browsing and shes got a baby now. Hopefully that will be u in a years time x

I hope so Hun,I wonder did she get any help to help her carry her baby .?:hugs::hugs:

I don't know for sure maybe Starsign would know but doesn't Angus Castus help with length of Cycles.??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->