cycles after a miscarrage

futuremummy14

Reaction score
Hi There,

Just wondering if anyone can help?

I had a miscarrage on 10/1 and my period was due today 27/1 and so far its a no show. My partner and I have been trying for another baby since the miscarrage, we both feel we are ready to try again. I did a pregnancy test out of curiosity on 25/1 and it showed a faint positive line, and I did another test on 26/1 and it was negative. I checked both tests with in the allocated time frame and did not let them sit.

My question is can cycles be messed up after miscarrage?

In short, yes... cycles can be funky for a while after miscarriage. That said, a bunch of studies have shown that women are more fertile after a miscarriage. A lot of doctors recommend waiting at least one full cycle to let your body get back on track, but I'm 37 weeks preggo with a baby conceived directly after a miscarriage with no AF... it can happen!

For you, you may have ovulated a few days late, so I'd give it a couple of days and test again!

Good luck, and I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:

Hi wamommy,

Thanks for the reply and the sympathy, and sorry for your loss also! I have heard that too, congrats to you! That's amazing that you conceived after miscarriage with no AF.

I had a week of ovulation pain leading up to a couple of days that my AF was due. We were trying during that time. I did another test today and it was negative. I'm starting to think that my cycle is just messed up for a bit. The positive faint could have been an evaporation line.

Thanks again for the reply!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"