Cynon arrived 1/12/09

sw2129

Reaction score
Well its been a few days now and i have the energy to write my birth story!

I went in on Tuesday 1st December for my planned c-section, i was very calm and felt this was wrong lol I'm not good with needles but i think i will be OK from now on lol. I was due at the hospital at 8am and expected to be waiting awhile but as soon as we got there the midwife got my gown and told me to get ready as i was the first in!!

So we get down to theatre and my DH starts to get hot and funny:dohh: I felt like i should be like that and told him he better not pass out on me hahaha, After i had had my spinal and he had moved to my side he was OK.

The doctors etc were excellent they spoke to us as they were doing there thing and i felt comfortable and relaxed and then finally i heard my Cynon cry!! i felt so happy that it was finally over and just need to wait and see if he had any of the problems they listed he could have, and i can happily say that he is 100% fine!!

He was born at 9.35am and weighed a lovely 7lb 7oz, smaller that my DS!! Where were told he may be 8 and a half lb so packed bigger clothes too lol. He just about fits into newborn clothes:haha:

When i got back to the ward he was handed to me and we but him straight to the breast, which he took to straight away, i was happy with this as i was worried it wouldn't work out!! We had a good day and a pretty good night but he was taking longer to latch on. The next morning when breakfast came around i had to skip it as he still wouldn't feed and he was my priority!! Then the time came for me to get up and move:wacko: I felt fine getting up and hobled to the loo. I sat down and instantly started to feel faint so i pulled the cord and the midwife came, next thing i know I'm coming round hanging on the edge of the loo, with my DH holding me and the MW shouting for a wheel chair. I started to feel OK again and as i tried to move it hap pend again:nope: It is such an awful feeling!! When i come round again there are MW and doctors all hanging around me and i started to feel scared as i thought something was wrong with me!! They waited a while and then i finally get back to my bed!! My DH told me that as i fainted i had 2 fits, which i have never had before, but everything was looking OK. They put me back on the drip and told me it was probably because i hadn't eaten. I was too weak to do the BF that day and tried him on a bottle for a top-up, then after that he wouldn't take to the breast anymore:nope:.

I finally came home last Friday and everything is great, apart from he likes to sleep all day and be awake all night:dohh:

I have also found that after a planned section i was mobile a lot sooner and being home i have been able to get on with my normal daily life!!

We definitely have no plans for another child as this pregnancy was a nightmare, I'm so happy with my boys and wouldn't change them for the world!!

Thanks to everyone who read this:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"