Cyst found on left ovary during 12 week scan

MrsSB

Reaction score
Had my 12 week scan on Wednesday. Everything is well and baby is developing well. The lady asked me if an area was sore when she pressed on it, which it was. She told me she found a 3cm cyst and took some measurements. She has flagged it for next scan to have a better look at it. Has anyone else had this. Just hoping it reduces in size.

Hiya they found a 7cm cyst on my left ovary at my 12 weeks scan with my first pregnancy. They removed it when I was 16 weeks pregnant for risk of rupture making removal at later stage more risky for baby. They also removed my left ovary too. It was very scary and all I could say when I came round from being under was is my baby alive! He was and is now healthy 13 month old and I'm pregnant with second :) feel free to message me if needed! Hope yours shrinks! Xxx

A friend if mine had this but it completely shrunk by the next scan hope yours will do the same.x

Yep left ovary as well, I guess it's normal as that's what nourishes the baby in the beginning. I believe it's called the corpus luteum cyst..

Mine has been there at every u/s and was VERY sore towards 14 15 weeks I hadn't looked at my 18 weeks scan, but I'll check at my scan on Tuesday.

Xx

I had a very large one on my right side that was seen during my 7.5 week scan. Doctor said it was normal? Idk it's not hurting at all so I guess all is ok.

They found one at my 8 week scan yesterday, but the doctor didn't sound too worried about it. If it's still there at my next one, I'll be asking more questions. I'm just hoping it shrinks on its own. Hope yours does too!

I'm only 9 weeks pregnant and already have had 4 ultrasounds because I have 2 cysts on right ovary. If they double in size I have to have them removed. Luckily, the bigger one hasn't grown anymore in the last 2 weeks & the smaller one has shrunk a little. Going back in 3 weeks to monitor the cysts again & of course to see baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->