Cyst on ovary. Ttc 1 year. Ntnp 18 months.

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
hi all.
i went to the doctors last month as i found a lump on my ovary. doctor said its a very large cyrt. i have a gynae appointment on the 21st.

we have been trying for a year, and been on no contraception since my daughter was born.

i want to go to the doctors but feel they Will not take us seriously due to me being 20 and partner being 21.
we are very mature for our age, own our own house, have our daughter and both work. having another means a lot to both of us and we are now at a loss.

i am hoping this appointment May give us some answers. perhaps the cyst tip repenting us getting caught.

any advice?

I don't know what to advise other than just relax and keep trying. Are you temping and using OPK's to see if you are ovulating?

How do you know you have a lump on your ovary? Can you feel it from the outside? Have you had an ultrasound to check that's what it is? (I'm a sonographer so u are welcome to ask me any questions if you like)

i found it myself whilst checking my cm. the doctor had a look and said it was a large cyst. i do use opks but don't temp.x

ooh god so sorry. i meant a cyst on my cervix.
sorry.x

Hey! There is a way, with a low dose form of birth control, to dissolve cysts, regulate your cycles and still conceive. Sorry for all of the commas lol

I have trouble with cysts on my actual ovaries. I don't think it's very different. A cyst is a cyst. Anyway, my dog says cysts can absolutely prevent you from getting pregnant, but I'm unfamiliar with cervical cysts.

As far as an OBGYN not taking you seriously because of your age.....I'll just tell you what I would do if that happened to me.

I would not think twice about turning around and walking out.....then, I would call around to prospect for a new OBGYN and get someone who would take me and my body seriously.

Hi Beth, cysts in the cervix are very common, they are called nabothian cysts. I have one myself :) you can have a transvahinsl ultrasound to measure the size. A cyst up to 3cm shouldn't be an issue, if it is larger than this (ie 5-6cm) it "may" cause constriction of the cervical canal, but in all my years of scanning (10+) I've never seen a cyst that big in the cervix.
Good luck!! Xx

great thankyou. i worry as i was on contraception with Isabelle when i fell pregnant but now that we're trying we're getting no where. x

Yeah it can take a long time Hun! We have been trying over a year and had a recent miscarriage but we soldier on!
Good luck! X

Hey, I had a cyst on my ovary and docs said to me leave it, leave it..........it might go away I was in and out of a&e, off work for 3 months in total,I'm a nurse soo not stupid, I was only 25/ 26 and I lost 1 of my ovarys and my Fallopian tube coz no one listened to me!!!i had to sit there in with a gynay doc and say NO!! Not happy, listen!!!!! Don't let them fill u with crap, stand up for urself, ur body ur decisions,Iv now been tryin for 10 months and struggling!!!

Good luck xx

Just an update..

I am pregnant!! So won't be going to my gynae appointment.xx

Oh yay!!!!! That's so exciting!!! Well done :)
H&h 9 months to you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->