Cyst on Ovary UPDATE

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
Just found out from my pelvic ultrasound the other day that I have a small cyst on my left ovary. Which is probably the cause for my irregular, frequent periods.

My doctor wants me to get another ultrasound done in 6 months to ensure that it is not growing, etc. but in the meantime is referring me to my gynecologist. Since it is small, there's not much they can do right now.

Anyone else have experience with a cyst on their ovaries and, if so, can you share?

Just found out from my pelvic ultrasound the other day that I have a small cyst on my left ovary. Which is probably the cause for my irregular, frequent periods.

My doctor wants me to get another ultrasound done in 6 months to ensure that it is not growing, etc. but in the meantime is referring me to my gynecologist.

Anyone else have experience with a cyst on their ovaries and, if so, can you share?

Hiya,

I've got PCOS and had a dermoid cyst (that means full of either hair or teeth!) removed from my ovary in May this year, and they also did some ovarian drilling on my right ovary to help the PCOS.
It was key-hole surgery, done in a day and I stayed in over night purely to make sure the glue held the holes together!
I healed within a few weeks and my erratic cycles became a 35-day cycle within two months. I couldn't be happier with the results!:happydance:

Gosh, I could wish for a 35 day cycle (so could my OH LOL).

How frequent were your periods? Right now I get them every two weeks. :dohh:

Not sure what type of cyst I have but want to definitely ask when I do get referred to my gynecologist.

Gosh, I could wish for a 35 day cycle (so could my OH LOL).

How frequent were your periods? Right now I get them every two weeks. :dohh:

Not sure what type of cyst I have but want to definitely ask when I do get referred to my gynecologist.

WOW! I was so erratic but so similar to you - I would go for two weeks, then seven weeks, then four. Then two again. I couldn't even gauge it by CM, nothing worked for me. I had one episode where I bled for 7 weeks straight! Then they found the cyst and Bob's your uncle, started becoming normal. And I caught pregnant on my 4th cycle.

I hope your even luckier than me. :winkwink:

I had a cyst on my ovary and it was removed at 13 as it was so large, id had so much pain that they decided to remove it and after even though i was in pain from the surgery i had no pain from the cyst again

Hi, I've just recently had an ultrasound where they found a cyst that was part fluid part solid, they don't know if it's a dermoid or something more serious, they are sending me for an MRI and they've already taken blood to test for certain markers that would indicate it's cancer, I had the US on the 10th nov, appointment with rapid response gyne clinic on the 18th, so if they are happy to monitor your cyst, it doesn't sound as if it's something that can cause major probs, but if it's affecting your cycles then hopefully they can sort it xx

My doctor wants me to get another ultrasound done in 6 months to ensure that it is not growing, etc. but in the meantime is referring me to my gynecologist.

Hiya,

I've got PCOS and had a dermoid cyst (that means full of either hair or teeth!) removed from my ovary in May this year, and they also did some ovarian drilling on my right ovary to help the PCOS.
It was key-hole surgery, done in a day and I stayed in over night purely to make sure the glue held the holes together!
I healed within a few weeks and my erratic cycles became a 35-day cycle within two months. I couldn't be happier with the results!:happydance:

:wacko: What!? I can't even comprehend how it can have hair or teeth?!?

Leanne I have had any fortunately, however my sister has had them. She was put on certain birth control pills that help them burst (not pleasant watching someone when that happens)

one of my niece had one but hers was pretty large and she eventually had to have it removed. Her periods were irregular as well, very long in between so the opposite of you

I was referred to a gynecologist and I had the appointment today.

He says my frequent periods have nothing to do with the cyst.

So, we talked about possible things to do to control these frequent periods.

The first being a D&C which will be scheduled and done. He said we will start there first and monitor my periods for 3 months to see if it makes a difference.

Me too Vickie. I already had it the first week of November and guess what I started again yesterday. Ridiculous! Getting routine for me yes, but ridiculous.

Although, I am not looking forward to the procedure. :(

Amazing though, I am not amnemic and the gynecologist said that it's probably because my body produces blood quickly.

Felt like deja vu going to him as I did in 1999 for pre-cancerous cells on my cervix. Haven't seen him since.

:( I bet you aren't looking forward to it at all :hugs: fingers crossed it works

:hugs: hope the procedure works,good luck and keep us posted hun

My sister had 2 cysts the size of grapefruits removed when she was 14. :( It was very sad to see her in that amount of pain.

It is good that yours were discovered before a lot of pain. :hugs:

And yup, some of hair, teeth etc. I don't think my sisters did.

I wish I would get a call telling me when this procedure is going to be done. FFS, I started my second period of November on the 26th and I still have it...11 days so far.

Ok, rant over! Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->