Cyst on ovary :( worried.

I have the same size cyst on my right ovary. My Dr is not concerned about it all all. They say it's normal to get one when you're pregnant. If it has you in a lot of pain you should see your doc.

I cannot believe a doctor has told you about the cyst and then not sat down and explained it to you!! How can they leave you to worry like that? Anyway cysts are VERY normal in pregnancy. They usually disappear by 2nd trimester. They can be huge and pain-free, tiny and very painfull or some combination in between. My midwife told me what pain medication was OK to take and what symptoms were NOT normal and should make me go back to see them.

I have a 4cm cyst on my ovary. It was explained to me as it is most likely the corpus luteum cyst - which forms after an egg has been released. It helps produce hormones for the baby during the 1st tri :) I was told that mine was on the larger side, but not worryingly big and that it might cause me some discomfort but most likely it'll shrink by 12 weeks.

The cyst is normal, I too can't believe no one told you. That's terrible! The cyst forms where the folicle grew that released the egg. It is there to help maintain the pregnancy until the placenta takes over.

Hello, I have a 9cm cyst on my left ovary. It is not the corpus luteum, that one was found on my right ovary and much smaller. The giant cyst has been there for a long time. Mine is being monitored and will be reassessed at my 12 week scan. If it has grown, they may want to do a small procedure to shrink it. The biggest concern with a large cyst is torsion. I really hope it has shrunk, however, I can feel it at times. I bet yours is just the corpus luteum being so small.

I did several rounds of Clomid and then a few rounds of Femara before finally conceiving. So at my first ultrasound they found two cysts on my right ovary...one was 3.5cm and the other was 5.5cm. My doctor told me they were going to continue to monitor them for now and hopefully they would shrink on their own, I might feel some extra discomfort in that area but as long as I wasn't in excruciating pain everything would be ok. Well I went in for an ultrasound yesterday and they are both below 3cm. Hopefully in the next few weeks they will be gone completely!

No worries! I had a cyst on my rt ovary whilst pg with my DD. Did not interfere with the pg at all. Its very common due to the hormones in pregnancy. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->