D & C - but baby left inside!

Imaan

Reaction score
Hi all,

After 9 years ttc and 3 miscarriages, I fell pregnant in July and it ended in a D&C in late August. I was ill after the procedure and my gp thought it was an infection of some sort as I has a raised temp. The antibiotics seemed to sort it out.

The following month I spotted for 2 days prior to my period and continued to spot a little blood for 20 days.

Fast forward, I saw a Dr. in Athens in November and after a scan and hysteroscopy, the whole pregnancy was found to be intact! The dr. also found that I had a septum. He removed both the septum and the pregnancy.

I approached the hospital who carried out the D & C and they denied everything. Their scans found no septum and their histology report showed that they had removed 'products of conception' (placenta) - which must have just been a few cells since the Greek Dr. removed the whole sac (which was about the size of a grape). They refused to watch the dvd that the Greek Dr. had filmed.

Should I seek legal advice?

The Greek Dr. said I'm so lucky it was found as it could have gone septic. I am now wondering how many other women are walking around with it still inside them. Scans after a D&C after not routinely offered.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"