D&C question

alienchick017

Reaction score
Has anyone in here had an early MC like 5-7 weeks and the dr. did a D&C? I had a early MC December 2009 and my grandmother said they should have done one but we were super broke at the time so I went to a local free clinic and they acted like it wasn't even a big deal. I just know before that my cycles were regular and every since then they have been crazy. Do you think the MC in itself could have messed my cycles up? I feel strange asking questions about it now in 2011, its been a really long time, but when it happened I couldn't even talk to my friends and family about it.

MC in general can mess up your cycles for a while. I think if yours is still out of whack all of this time later I would ask your doctor about it. I am no doctor, but maybe they'll suggest you go on BCP for a cycle or two just to try to get you back onto a regular schedule?

So sorry for your loss, and that the clinic made it seem like it was not a big deal. I just had a D&C for a lost pregnancy on 12/30. I was 8w2d, but the baby had stopped growing at 6w2d.

Did the clinic scan you to check if you'd completed the MC? If they haven't confirmed completion, you could have retained tissue which will mess you up to no end.

D&C isn't necessary if you've had a full, complete MC as there's nothing to remove.

I had an ERPC (pretty much the same as D&C) done at 5wks and the baby measured at about 6-7 weeks in size.

Has anyone in here had an early MC like 5-7 weeks and the dr. did a D&C? I had a early MC December 2009 and my grandmother said they should have done one but we were super broke at the time so I went to a local free clinic and they acted like it wasn't even a big deal. I just know before that my cycles were regular and every since then they have been crazy. Do you think the MC in itself could have messed my cycles up? I feel strange asking questions about it now in 2011, its been a really long time, but when it happened I couldn't even talk to my friends and family about it.

Hi Alienchick

I had a miscarriage in oct 2010 at 7weeks pregnant and because the miscarriage was complete no D&C required, i was still examined throughly to make sure there was no tissue retaining and blood tests were done 2 days later to make sure my HCG levels had dropped.

My periods seemed to settle down to a 28day cycle then threw me a curve when i didn't com on in Jan but then Feb I did, takes a while for everything to settle i guess :)

xx

Thanks y'all. I don't think there was even a real Dr at the clinic so there were no tests done except a strip test just like what you order online. And I was so upset by the whole thing I pretty much just wanted to pretend it didn't happen at all. I just hope I didn't completely mess myself up by not going to see a real Dr but the people at the clinic told me I would be fine because I was only about 6 weeks along.

If your cycles are all messed up and you've had no proper medical examination, I would go see a doctor. You need to make sure there's no retained tissue upsetting your system!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->