daisy elizabeth arrived 15 days overdue

sopho

Mother of 3 expecting #4
Reaction score
After a long wait shes finally here...

Daisy was due on 3rd november, no sign of her.. i had a sweep on the 12th and was told her head is very low, cervix soft and thin so she would be surprised if i hadnt had her by end of weekend (this was sat ), had a show, and horrible cramps, but nothing.... I was booked in to be induced on teh 16th, and there was no way i was getting to that date... how wrong was i.. 16th arrived went in at 4pm, was given a pesary to soften the cervix, was told it was soft however was very far back, almost un pregnant like!!! so 6 hours later, i was given another one, this is 3am now, and im on my own in a side room, hearing women crying, shouting and giving birth.. i was terrified, but felt ok just having shooting pains and felt very uncomfy.. thursday morning my oh and my mum came back and we walked and walked, still at 1cm . was taken round to a delivery room at 12 midday, and my waters were broken, ouchy!! drip put up to bring on the contractions... well fast forward 12 hours.. only 5cm , and in alot of pain, both me and baby exhausted, babys heart rate showing signs of distress.. baby had to have blood sample tatken from her head :-( not looking great, i was in agony,so epidural given and i got a little sleep, woken up by 2 doctors, midwife, told that baby is distressed and is still to far back, and my head rate is to high they need to do emergency c section, so off i was whisked sobbing my heart out( no idea why) i was so terrified... however it was all fine, baby daisy was born at 00:25 on friday 18th weighing 9lb....... i didnt get to hold her as i lost 2 litres of blood and was drifting in and out... but im here to tell teh tale and baby is beautiful.. i feel very blessed....

Congratulations!! I'm sorry your birth was so traumatic, but I hope your LO is doing well and you're recovering :hugs: Beautiful name for her :flower:

congratulations sorry you had such a horrible time. Did you get to stay awake for the section or did they give you a general? xx

congratulations sorry you had such a horrible time. Did you get to stay awake for the section or did they give you a general? xx

i was awake, i didnt want spinal so had epidural topped up...was scary but now a week on i can hardly remember x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->