Damage to engine caused by dealers, what to do?

Tasha

4kids+2angels+16mc
Reaction score
Urgh, I am so angry. We bought a car in October from a dealers, we kept reporting a fault and basically they did nothing. Eventually last week they fitted the part on the clutch system, and we opened up the engine today to discover they had filled the brake fluid up and it has over flowed. It is now all over our engine.

We rang them and they said they will call us back, that was over two hours ago now. He said it will possibly need steam cleaning and checking out to see what damage is done because dot 4 brake fluid is corrosive. I am so annoyed because a) this is a basic thing that you have to learn to do for even your driving test, let alone as mechanics and b) this will leave us without a car for how ever long it takes to fix. :growlmad:

They sound like a liability!! Have you reported them to trading standards?

Cx

Threaten to go to papers and trading standards that's awful!

first of all demand a courtesy car so you are not left without :)

what was the fault you kept reporting and do you know what they did to the clutch?

Thank you girls. My husband took it in this evening, they bled the brake fluid and cleaned the engine. The mechanic that did it said 'he always over fills it because he accounts for air bubbles in it' :wacko: Errr if he filled it up to the max then after air bubbles it would still be within the min and max lines, it is laziness cos he is meant to bleed it to get air out :shrug:

I am going to make a complaint to their head office, he put us all in danger by over filling it.

Suzi, since we bought the car when ever it is wet the gear stick wouldnt go into first gear, it was pretty dangerous when we slowing down. It turned out it was some seals on some cylinders were faulty and needed replacing :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->