Damn you fifty shades...

Scoobys mummy

Reaction score
I read you,I hated you,I criticised your poor writing,repetiveness,over the top fantasising, and swore I would never stoop so low in my reading criteria again.......so why oh why when I reached the end of you,fifty shades of grey,did I go straight to iBooks for the next installment? What is this damned hold you have!

haha i am exactly the same - all the way through reading it i was like "dont see what all the fuss is about" but the ending is a bit of a cliff hanger and i NEED to know what happens next haha

i have read all three i started them last Friday i couldn't put them down, i thought the second was better than the first and the third better, im actually devastated now that im finished them i loved them, Rumours are she might be writing them from Christian greys point of view, i bloody well hope so

See I turned the pages and finished book 1 in roughly 24-36 hours BUT I just can't get into the 2nd one :dohh: For the same reasons you listed in the OP lol

:haha: this is exactly it! I really thought I would never get into it but by the end of book one I was hooked!

I really disliked book one, but book 2 and 3 really gripped me! - i hope she does write it from his perspective, id be happy to read the trilogy again if she did! haha

i hope she does it would be interesting to read from a blokes perspective, theres a film getting made aswell, i posted some some links a bit earlier

I would be tempted to read it from Christian's view but I feel exactly like OP. What is so addictive about this stupid series! I simply HAD to buy and read all three even though every page made me cringe with all of the horrible writing. It is not like I could write any better, but for how insanely popular this series is... It is lacking serious TLC from the editors lol. Anyway, as I said I would be tempted to read the series from his POV but then it would just be the same thing. We had to drag through it once, why rehash the exact same story all over again ~,~

I'd still probably be first in line to buy the possible next book. Agh.

I wonder if Ana will say "Holy cow" and "Oh my" a lot in the movie. It could be a great movie to make into a drinking game :B

ETA: For those of you who have a love/hate relationship with the series, this site was so fun to go through

https://50shadesofsuck.tumblr.com/

They make fun of the ridiculous quotes from the book.

Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one!! If I hate a book I usually stop after a few chapters - life is too short to read bad books but with this one I just couldn't stop!!

Ive yet to actually read the books (waiting for a friend to be done with them so I can borrow) but reading that site you linked ReReKitty has made my morning! So many horrible bits of writing there :S Kinda looking forward to seeing if the whole books are that bad or if its just someone picking out things and pulling them out of context.

Same here, first of all it really isnt my sort of read anyway, I am more of a Stephen King, Thomas Harris and Dan Brown sort of girl, but I gave it a go. I critised it, laughed at it for been so badly written but I read all 3 in 4 days lol. I am well and truly hooked and need to read it from his point of view, I also need to see the movie :dohh:

just read all the Tumblr & now I'm even more cross with myself, as I found myself defending the stupid woman in my head - most of the quotes are things that annoyed me but one person keeps going on about "the non-existant phrase, 'good point, well made'" and how much it annoys them. That is a real phrase though!!

Ive just finished all 53 pages of that Tumblr blog, that stuff is hilarious. I just have to read these books now.

Oh god, I was just looking to see if anyone had posted an anti-fifty shades of grey thread as I am anxious to join that particular club. I gave my review (so far) on the thread in GS. I've just started book 3 and I am bored with the repetitiveness, the unnecessary "long" words which make me feel a bit stupid :haha: and the overuse of certain dialogue and words, I wish she'd stop rolling her eyes for my bloody sanity!! And he needs to stop cocking his head too, I find myself trying to replicate it as I'm reading and I'm still not sure how to :haha:

But alas, sigh, yes I have got to book 3 and I will continue as I'm interested in the actual story and I HAVE to know what happens, although I have an inkling based on a certain encounter in the book which I picked up on, I now have to see if I'm right!

Gonna check that blog out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->