Dare I buy maternity clothes ??

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm 10+4 with number 2 but had a mmc identified at my 12 week scan in July. I've had 2 scans at 8 weeks and 9+6 when baby measured a couple of days ahead and had a strong heartbeat. But after last time I'm still really nervous.

My dilemma is I was given money for Christmas for clothes and my best friend is available up go shopping tomorrow, she usually lives hundreds of miles away. I was planning on waiting til after my 12 week scan to shop but dare I do it tomorrow?!?

What would you do ??
Xxxx

Do it, I bought some in the next sale and I am only 7 weeks. Think positively xxx

I agree with PP.. Go for it hunni :hugs: I haven't had a choice myself and have had to raid the Next sales for maternity clothes :lol: xx

Hi munchkin.

I had to buy some as I'm so bloated I can't fit in my normal clothes. My mum bought me some and they are so comfy.

I'm nervous too after my mmc in feb but I just couldn't fit in my clothes.

I'm so glad that I have them now as I feel more comfy.

I'd say go for it. I know your nervous but you've had two good scans (like me), and you might aswell :thumbup:

Thanks ladies. I think i might give in. Hadn't thought of the next sale. I bet all the good stuff's gone now! :dohh:

I suppose i could keeep the labels on and take them back, and if the worst does happens it'll be the least of my problems. i just feel like i'm tempting fate!

Sadly i also asked for Dorothy perkiins vouchers, i've got 35 quids worth and it looks like they don't do maternity any more! I'll have to save them for when i'm lovely and lithe and skinny come August. :haha:

BUT i have discovered H and M's maternity range, very impressed!

I reckon you are probably safe to do so now. Baby is growing nicely, measuring as it should, no signs the pregnancy is likely to fail. Enjoy the shopping!

Thanks ladies. I think i might give in. Hadn't thought of the next sale.

BUT i have discovered H and M's maternity range, very impressed!

Ohh, I didn't realize that H&M has a maternity section!! And there will be more sales at the end of winter but I think I'll need summer things :wacko:

I'd definitely go and enjoy yourself with your gf. I intend to get a nice pair of jeans with the stretch top for summer.

Thank you! Yes i've got one pair of decent maternity jeans from last time. The under bump ones are a nightmare, fall down all the time. I only used them last time straight after birth when i was all bruised! I'm wearing a few maternity basics and dresses that look 'normal' already but need some winter stuff, i'm only 5 ft 1 and everything looks wrong already!

Ooh and 2have4kids i have me 12 week scan on the 6th jan when you have your first xx

Thank you! Yes i've got one pair of decent maternity jeans from last time. The under bump ones are a nightmare, fall down all the time. I only used them last time straight after birth when i was all bruised! I'm wearing a few maternity basics and dresses that look 'normal' already but need some winter stuff, i'm only 5 ft 1 and everything looks wrong already!

Under bump are very rubbish aren't they! I found they were always falling down too. Pulling up trousers in public just doesn't look attractive!! I spent most of my pregnancies in black work maternity trousers.

:happydance: (munchkin) have a fabulous time and all the best with your scan!!

I bought it couple loose clothes the moment i came to know. But that time i was vacationing at my mum's home and had gained couple pounds. Got some big size Tee's and Jeans which also got tighter before vacation was over (too much eating..).At 8th wk, I went and bought some maternity and some L/XL sized clothes, thinking i will keep growing everyday.
Stupid me .... Now I look so bad in super-big clothes and fitting clothes show bump out. (have not announced yet )..

Whenever i go to mall and find something nice in maternity section on sale, I buy it..even if its for summer.

We will not start baby shopping till 20th wk so..buying for myself.

So I would say go ahead and treat yourself.

Must buy is maternity pants. Though big size leggings are more comfy but they do'not go with all kinds of top.

Defnatly do it munchkin, im jealous i had a look online at next and there are some fab deals but they wont deliver here booo!
I held off as long as possible on maturnity wear and looked so uncomfortable toeards the end, then i had a stomach bug and that helped loads haha

Ooh yes celine I've just looked online!! Good deals., if you wanted to order stuff to my house I could post it on?? I won't nick it all honest!

I bought a bump band from topshop to prolong my jeans as they were too big for me and now don't fasten. Im only gonna buy a few pairs of bottoms as lots of my tops will still fit x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->