Dark BFP a positive sign?

nikki_

Reaction score
I got my BFP last week, it was as dark or darker than the control line and has been ever since. I'm terribly worried about losing the baby/having a chemical pregnancy. This is my first pregnancy, I have no reason to be I just tend to get anxious and over think big issues.

So, in short, do you guys know if having a dark BFP is an indicator of a healthy pregnancy at this stage? Or is it totally irrelevant? I don't see the doctor for another month so I may be grasping at straws haha.

I too had a chemical and a faint BFP never got any darker, just eventually lighter till tests turned negative. So I understand the need to keep testing till you get a dark line, I did the same with my last pregnancy and this time, I actually didn't believe i was pregnant till the line was as dark as the control. Of course there are no guarantees but I'd say it's a good sign that hormone levels are increasing. All the best x

I've never had a MC but with this preg my BFP was a lot darker than the control line and everything is perfect thus far. Not sure how much that helps as every preg is different but I feel like a strong BFP is a good sign!

With my chemical the line was as dark as the control, but I tested like 4 days before I was due.
Even with this pregnancy I didn't feel safe until I found the heartbeat on my Doppler at 8 weeks lol

its a good sign its not a chemical but thats about it. On my last mmc i had a 3+ on cb digi at 4 weeks. So very high levels of hcg and still lost it. But try not to worry there is more of a chance everything is fine than not.

Pregnancy tests are designed to be yes/no and not an indicator of HCG levels. They do obviously work based on a certain level of HCG being in your urine but they shouldn't be used as a test to check your HCG is rising really. I took two tests from the same packet (just to make sure I wasn't dreaming) - one test had a really dark line and the second, much fainter a day later. Didn't think anything of it as thankfully I hadn't read anything on the internet at that point nor knew anything about early testing or chemical pregnancies etc! I'm now 34 weeks! If you have no reason to expect a loss or you haven't had one before, then please try to enjoy your pregnancy. Chances are all will be well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->