Date Of Conception Etc

LucyS

Reaction score
Right, my baby is due on the 5th October which was determined by a scan as couldn't remember the date of my last period.

Does this make it less reliable than using the date of my last period?

Also if baby is due 5th October determined by a scan at 10 weeks and 2 days what is the earliest day that it could have been that I had sex and got pregnant?

Thanks

Right, my baby is due on the 5th October which was determined by a scan as couldn't remember the date of my last period.

Does this make it less reliable than using the date of my last period?

Also if baby is due 5th October determined by a scan at 10 weeks and 2 days what is the earliest day that it could have been that I had sex and got pregnant?

Thanks

I don't think necessarily less reliable than period dates and many women have irregular periods and ovulate at funny times, but as you progress the dating gets less accurate as the development rate becomes more unique.

What was the date at 10 weeks and 2 days? Count back and that would be a theoretical date of last period starting, so on average a woman olvulates 14 days later. So, 8 weeks and 2 days before could be when you ovulated. However, sperm can last 7 days in the body and eggs 2 or 3 so you could have conceived during quite a wide time around that date.

Does that make sense?!

Nope it's Friday morning and I'm being really dumb hehe

Nope it's Friday morning and I'm being really dumb hehe

:dohh:

OK, check the date when you were meant to be 10+2. Assuming ovulation is 14 days after your period starts, you got potentially have conceived 9+2 weeks before that date up to 7+6 before.

I havent got the date of my scan with me at work but could do that tonight!

Thanks

Anyone else got any rough ideas for whilst I'm at work? A rough earliest date?

Ta

No b/c people have different lengths of cycles.

I have no idea. They have me at 20 weeks now but that is like 2 weeks off of my last period. I would have had to get pregnant either when I was on my period (THAT didn't happen) or day/two right after my period, which doesn't make sense. But who knows.

P.S. I have no idea what is going on with my ticker, it says 19&6 but it seems to be staying on the same day for a day and a half :S

P.S. I have no idea what is going on with my ticker, it says 19&6 but it seems to be staying on the same day for a day and a half :S

Is your time zone set right?

Ok, if youhave a 28 day cycle (which loads of women dont) then you would have ovulated between the 13-15th January. That is based on the due date of the 5th October.

Remember though if you have a longer/shorter cycle length this would be different and also you didnt necessarily conceive on one of your ovulation days, it could have been a couple of days before.

Hope that helps

So it couldn't possibly be from having s*x as early as the end of October?!

Not unless you are about to give birth! That would make you about 36 weeks pregnant.

Nope! You got pregnant in January. If you got pregnant in October you'd be popping that baby out any day now

Thanks, I've just been over paranoid as to how much the hosp can be out etc.

What a div I am!

the dating scan is more accurate than going on your last period!!!

As your due date when going on your last period is on the basis that women have a 28 day cycle!! Not all women have cycles like this!!

This is why dating scans are done in the UK...!! :):)

The hospital wont be out by much!! A couple of days max!!! :)

Ok thanks, put my mind at ease! I'm not ready to give birth yet haha so must def be my Oh's (I knew it anyway as I took the morning after people around the 3rd Janurary which obviously didn't work!

yes but got back with my partner now the first few days in November so I'm being very paranoid when Im due Oct 5th!

so you have been back with your OH since the beginning of november??
Hun its fine.... My last period was 21st november and Im due next month!!

:):) rest your mind :):)

Thanks, My periods have always been mad so can't remember even having one when I got back with the OH but sure I did.

Wish I was regular etc would make it so much easier! x

yup, im with you there, im either 6, 7 or 8 weeks gone, but if a work it out from the date i concieved (the only date that i can remember) then im nearly 10 weeks, which cant be right as theres no bump yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->