Dates dont add up??

lorrx

Reaction score
well i had a private scan last saturday and she said i was 7 weeks. well this just doesnt add up. i had my last period on the 1st of september, and i got my bfp on the 15th of october, this was the first time i tested and it came up strongly positive within 5 seconds. I know i should be 11 weeks as my symptoms started at the start of october when i was around 4/5 weeks. it was an abdominal ultrasound and i do have a tilted uterus if that makes a difference. has anyone heard of this before? could the abdominal ultrasound just not be accurate enough? or could my baby be just a slow grower? she said there was no signs or miscarriage anyway. and i still have horrible morning sickness and sore breasts and dizzyness.

does anyone have any opinions on this?? all opinions appreciated.

xx

Did you see a heart beat? Are you having any follow up?

I have read a lot of anecdotal evidence on retroverted uterus making a difference in dating, but I've never seen a proper study on it. I also would have thought it is more likely to make a difference early on when you are only measuring a sac +/- a yolk sac.

I got BFP on 20th at 11dpo and I'm now 7+3, so your right it doesn't add up date wise. I'd say earliest you could be with a strong first BFP on 15th Oct would be 8-9 weeks.

There is a HUGE difference between an 11 and 7 week pregnancy, google to get an idea on images, i doubt she could be so marginally wrong, where u tempin? Or ov sticks? Cos that's only way to be sure of when u ovulated xx

Yeah, I don't know how baby could be 4 weeks behind... I'd get a second opinion, a vaginal scan. Do you have that option? Please don't take this the wrong way - it's a definite positive... but I've NEVER heard of a baby measuring 4 weeks behind and being alive in the scan. Regardless of anything. That IS a huge difference, and most babies don't make it past being 2 weeks behind. So, I am SURE something is off with measurements or SOMEthing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->