Dating discrepancies?

heres2hoping

Reaction score
So I am 95% sure about LMP and ovulation dates, and with those my edd is July 20. First US put edd at July 16, second US edd was July 10. My doctor stuck with original edd at my request. Had a checkup today and measured 23 weeks, when I am 19 weeks tomorrow. That puts me measuring 4 weeks ahead! So, my question is how accurate are fundal height measurements? I delivered my son 1 week early, so I am kind of confused as to when to expect this baby. At this point I think it could be ANY time in July. Has anyone had this happen to them? Thanks:)

The further you get past 12 weeks, the less accurate dating by scan is, as babies start to grow at different rates. I'd be tempted to stick with the July 16th date, but your baby will come when he/she is ready, right? :)

I agree with CatherineK. Dating is less accurate the further along you are, and I take fundal height with a little grain of salt too - it usually ROUGHLY corresponds with your dates, but not always. With my 3 girls I measured small the entire time I was pregnant - by a good few weeks. They were born all within three weeks of their due dates (all early) - so technically still all at term. The first two were pretty little at 6lbs 2oz, the third was 7lbs 3oz. With my son I measured large the whole time and my doc was convinced he was going to be big based of fundal height and US measurements - he was induced at 39 weeks (I had been in pre labour for 3 weeks) and he was a whopping 7lbs 7oz. Hahaha...so not huge by anyone's standards. This time they have messed my due date around from July 28th, to August 1st, then 2nd, then July 24th, now because of our scan at 18 weeks this week they say it looks more like beginning of August now, and my fundus is definitely not measuring 18 cms. But she will come when she is ready, and my other girls were ALL small so I am pretty sure of my July24th EDD. I say go with your gut- if you are pretty sure when you ovulated etc then don't worry too much about it. The baby will come when he or she is ready to!!! :)

Thanks girls:). I am so happy my doctor is willing to stick with a due date based on LMP, the latest date. I didn't want them to push up the edd 10 days based on my 12 week ultrasound, that would mean if I don't deliver by it, the will induce me. I don't want that. I will just plan on having everything ready by the beginning of July. That way I will be prepared whenever he/she is ready to make an entrance!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->