Dating question?

SpringCrane

Reaction score
My LMP was Sept 29. My cycles range from about 25-31 days, but most are 28 days. I got a BFP on Oct 24. I just had my first scan, and the ultrasound put me at 6w5d. How did I get a BFP so early? It seems I ovulated late, which isn't shocking in itself, but with these dates, I got a positive only 5 DPO?

Anyone care to help me wrap my head around this?? Heartbeat was strong at 142 bpm.

If you were due for your next period on Oct 29th which would be a month after your LMP that would mean you got a bfp 5 days before your missed period right? That is in the normal range, I got my bfp 5 days before my period was due. It was faint but there. Congrats on your nice scan and hearing the heartbeat!!

Looks like from your dates you should be around 7w4d, so since you measured a bit behind on your scan my guess would be that either you took longer to implant than the average or the scan is off a bit. Ultrasounds can be off by 6 days either way. At least my OB's particular machine had a +- 6 out by the date. Other machines may have a different error rate.

I didn't consider a longer implantation time. Maybe that's it... I'm happy for a healthy baby regardless of when it happened :)

Most times bubs catches up later scans its hard to be accurate that early on

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"