Dating scan shows Im earlier?

daydreaming22

Reaction score
So I had my first US today and I am 100% sure i am 8 weeks today because I use OPKs and temp to pinpoint ovulation. The baby only measured 7w 3d....but we can see the heartbeat and everything looks good. Is it normal to measure 4 days behind, could this be a sign of any problems? Thanks for any replies.

I don't think this means there are any problems, scans are more accurate than going by LMP so don't worry :)

I wouldn't worry. sometimes, they measure begind and then catch up at some point in the pregnancy. Also as PP scans are more accurate for dating, because implatation can take 6-10 days, so there is 4 days right there KWIM?

Each baby grows differently, so they base the measurements off the size of the baby and then determine a new due date' how fast your baby will grow. It's normal for a baby to be measured and be pushed back, it doesn't mean anything bad. Sometimes the baby's measurements are determined to be further along (growing faster than normal) and you'll be pushed ahead. Good luck and wishing you a happy and healthy 9months!

Mine was the same way they said even if u know the date it can take extra time for the actual fertilization or implantation. Plus the scans are dependent on getting a good angle if your bean is sitting weird its hard for them.to get a measurement I wouldn't worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->