DAY 21 Progesterone - help!

W

whyme

Hello Ladies,

Its been a while since I have posted on here (although I have been regular "lurker", following all the new BFPs - congrats all!)

I had a missed miscarriage in Feb. Since no success on the TTC front ( happened within first month or two on two pregnancies), have been to docs and had a load of blood tests - the usual , LH, FSH, prolactin, thyroid, Full blood count, liver, kidney blah blah - good news - all have come back perfectly normal (phew)

Just got the day 21 prog back though - 74.3 nmol/l. Having googled, it obviously means i have ovulated, but does seem on the high side - can anyone help?

All right you. I will be following suit with the exact same post no doubt on 5th October.

I have no idea what it all means - um hang on......just googled and read someone on another forum posting that her level was 60 and she said it was cos she was actually pregnant at the time - OooooOOOOooo!!!

i am still reading, I dont want to raise hopes unnecessarily but that sounds like somert i want to get involved with.

same thread, different poster, also says:

"The guy that told me it should be over 50 is an obstetrician and a friend of the family.

I had my levels tested and they were around 70 - I was actually worried that they were too high as my GP had said anything over 30 was good.

But the obstetrician said that really they should go over 50 - over 30 might indicate ovulation but over 50 indicates and ability to sustain a pregnancy."

so in summary, your levels are great! (finished reading, nowt else to report)

Hi Mate!

That's what i have read too - seems mega level - when not on clomid.

OMG - I don't want to get my hopes up - how mad would that be - to "accidentally" discover BFP when trying to find out why it not happening!

Going to reflexolgist in morning - maybe she will shed some light .....

hahaha. i will be stalking you now for 7 days. I know how long it is till your af is due, i can do maths.

ha ha!

It is hard not to speculate/symptom spot/wishful think!- I only just found out the results, BUT i have been feeling ever so slightly light headed when I stand/sit down, which i commented on to my mate before i had the prog result. and some strange like little gentle throbbing like "pain" near belly button and some shooting like but quite gentle pain down below - hey ho got til Tues to wait x

My RE said that anything over a 3 was positive for ovualtion..so your numbers seem OUTRAGEOUS! I hope it's a good sign!

My doctor said levels at 15+ are good for day 21/7dpo some posts ive seen around the internet and such women who had high levels like that were pregnant i hope its a good thing for you hun:hugs:

wow that is a good result, i got 28.3 and concieved on that cycle, if i were you i would def be poas right now........just incase :blush: gl to you xx

thanks girls for your help. Had reflexology today, even reflexologist lady said, blimme, i don't want to get your hopes up but i would say it is likely you are preggers, with levels that high. However, i have been cramping since this afternoon, very low abdominal/pelvic, which feels almost sore which I notice esp when my bladder is full and dying for a wee, and sadly, have red blood on tissue, so I guess AF is on the way. When I first noticed, it was blood streaked CM (sorry TMI), but tonight is defo red on tissue, but not on underwear - not due til Tuesday. Hey ho, at least I know my body can "do it", so onto next month xx

OMG - I don't want to get my hopes up - how mad would that be - to "accidentally" discover BFP when trying to find out why it not happening!

I did exactly that in July! Unfortunatley it did not stick, but it was quite a shock none the less!!

Good luck xx

My last cycle I did get preggo ..my levels were 13.4..it ended in a mc a week later..It sounds like you are already preggo!

Thanks Girls - sadly not ! Started spotting on Friday, full AF on Monday - v yucky ? maybe v v early loss. Disappointed yes, but positive that things are defo moving in right direction, so will back to trying ASAP. In the mean time, a large glass of red is in order after being so good in the TWW!

Whyme - sorry to hear you're disappooitned again!

just check that you are comparing your measurements in the right units as I think there can be some variation. Good luck for next time

arses, im really really sorry to hear that whyme.

the good thing is that your progesterone is high enough to sustain a pregnancy and you defo ov'd. Thats a couple of issues ticked off the list and a step in the right direction xx

Thanks ladies, I cant say I wasn't disappointed, but at least everything is in "working order"! even at the grand age of 40! It's more likely to me stressing, that is stopping me getting preggers! So hope I get a BFP before christmas x

Well, I have been having a series of tests, my day 21 progesterone was a stonking 74.3 nmol/L, couple weeks ago and I did start to get a bit excited.... sadly AF came once more last week.

However, today, I have had a pelvis ultrasound - they found a series of fibroids when i was pregs with my son three years ago, one was v large about 6 - 7 cm and at the time, they even did an MRI when I was 36 weeks as they were tad concerned.

Well, today they couldn't find a trace of it, not a sniff of any of them! They checked my previous scans and even called the consultant in. They said they haven't seen this, they usually grow up to the menopause, mine seem to have "dropped off" lol.

But that's not all ! when they looked at my ovary, they said there is a very nice follicle on my left ovary ready and waiting , whoo hoo!!

so in yer face "statistics" - there's nowt wrong with this 40 soon to be 41 year old thank you very much - now all i need is a BFP SOON!!

best of luck for this month hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->