Day 21 progestorone 108 - too high???

Jocr

Reaction score
Wondering if anybody can help, I had the results if my CD21 progesterone test and they came back at 108!
I know anything over 30 means ovulationbut am a bit concerned that it could be too high?
The Dr'd receptionist just said it says 'satisfactory ' next to the number?

when i took clomid my day 21 bloods were 86 84 and the cycle i got pregnant was 116 so maybe you are pregnant... good luck

YEs I agree sounds like it may be a preggo sign!! hope so!~

WOW! I got a .4 on my 21 day progesterone test. .4!!! That is incredibly low. I didn't get my positive OPK until the same day so perhaps it's possible I ovulated late & the blood test was too soon?

Thanks ladies i will let you know ,fingers crossed:flower:

Jocr, do you have a link to your chart? I would like to loko at it

WOW! I got a .4 on my 21 day progesterone test. .4!!! That is incredibly low. I didn't get my positive OPK until the same day so perhaps it's possible I ovulated late & the blood test was too soon?

For sure I would say too soon. 21 day is based on the fact the average woman ovulates on day 14. If you usually ovulate around day 21 I'd ask for a test at day 28. You normally ovulate about 24-48 hours after a first positive OPK.

Wondering if anybody can help, I had the results if my CD21 progesterone test and they came back at 108!
I know anything over 30 means ovulationbut am a bit concerned that it could be too high?
The Dr'd receptionist just said it says 'satisfactory ' next to the number?

You should get the doctor to explain the results to you. I'm having mine done next week and the doc said she'll phone me with the results. Don't put up with the receptionist telling you - demand better service from your doc!! :hissy:

It should be done around 7 days after OV. Progesterone doesn't go up until after you've OVed and gradually increases - hence why it should be done after a few days. Sounds like it probably was done too early. The '21 day' is based on an 'average' woman with a regular 28 day cycle who ovulates on day 14. Are there really ANY of those in reality??! :nope:

Hi Jocr - what were the units of your progesterone test? There are at least 3 different units being used so its hard to know if the progesterone level is high without knowing the units. I just had a day 21 test done and my result was 28 pmol/L. Have not seen my doctor yet after the test. This converts to 8.8 ng/ml (more commonly referenced units)

I have read that 7 dpo it should be at least 15, although anything above 5 would indicate ovulation. Here's a good site with reference numbers:
https://www.progesteronetherapy.com/progesterone-levels.html

I'm not sure if I have low progesterone or if my progesterone had already started falling (I was 8 dpo as the lab was closed on a Sunday). But three things that can cause low progesterone are:
- high stress and anxiety
- low exercise
- unhealthy diet
I don't think the diet is a factor for me, for exercise I am hit and miss so I will try to be more consistent and I'm trying my damnedest to relax more but its difficult this feedback loop of wanting to get pregnant-not being pregnant yet- the stress of that making it more difficult to get pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->