Day 3 bloods - Confused! Any ideas?

Flipperty

Reaction score
Hi all

I am getting a call back later this eve with all my results - but I'm unsure what they all mean....

For starters she gave me these:

SFH is 3.03 - 8.08 ( should this be FSH?! )
Midcycle: 2,55 -16.69
Luteal: 1.38 -5.47
post menopausal : 26.72 - 133.41

she said there about 26 different numbers - I have no idea what they are indicating.... she said she'd call me back with all other numbers later....

I am so confused with it all :wacko:

Any advice/info greatly received. :flower:

It looks like all she's done is give you the range for what FSH levels (yes, and not SFH) normally are. The first three ranges are for 1. the early part of the cycle, 2. mid-cycle, and 3. the latter part of the cycle. The last range is what's expected for menopausal women. She hasn't given your numbers, just ranges for what's statistically "normal", and not where you land within those ranges.

And if you did a day 3 test, the only ranges that would be of any use to you in interpreting your numbers are the first and last. So if your FSH level is within the 3.03 to 8.08 range on day 3, that would be considered normal. If it falls within the 26.72 - 133.41 range, they'd suspect you're menopausal. That tells you nothing about falling within a 8.08 - 26.72 range, but I suppose they'd tell you your ovarian function/reserve is diminished. Not over, just challenged.

Good luck!

Thank you Deco :flower:

This result if from my day 3 bloods. It was the receptionist that read them out to me.
She said for certain 'my' SFH/FSH level is 3.03 - 8.08

She said all results came back 'normal' and everything was fine and my GP didn't want to see me, I asked what exactly the numbers were, then she did say she had no idea what it all meant though but would read them all out to me! lol.

I guess i'd be best going to see my GP and find out exactly what's what.... I am starting IVF on Tuesday ( first consultation) and providing I am not too over weight hope to be moving forward straight away. I just wanted to try to understand what my chances could be.

Thanks again. will ask her more when she phones me back - if she is not sure I'll make an appointment to see my GP on Monday if I can.

Thanks again :flower:

In which case you got awesome news on your FSH levels! Though it should be a specific number, and not a range. The receptionist told you that you fall within the normal range, but not what the number is. Call her back and ask for the number.

She said she'd be calling me in the next half hour, if she can figure out what is what I'll let you know - worried now maybe she hasn't got my 'actual' results....

I wonder what my, all OK and 'normal' results really are... :shrug:

Well, no call back :nope:

Now i will have to wait 'til Monday.... :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g