Day 3 Labs. I'm going crazy

Nicker

Reaction score
I am going crazy. I don't see my RE again until January 5 and until then I am in the dark about what any of my lab and test results mean.

I took a picture of the screen after my AFC ultrasound and I have researched that and believe that one went well. I believe, according to that I have typical 38 year old ovaries and an endometrial lining the right thickness for CD6.

I saw the nurse at my GPs office today and she printed off my Day 3 lab report for me. They all say normal with the exception of one. Normal doesn't necessarily mean good for someone wanting to have a baby. Problem is most web pages I find don't give ranges in SI they us US values instead.

According to a web page I FINALLY found I think my results were good.
https://acam.typepad.com/blog/2010/08/top-fertility-tests-for-women-an-integrative-medicine-perspective.html

My Results:

FSH 5.9 IU/L
Estradiol 55.7 PMOL/L
LH 3.0 IU/L
Testosterone 1.15 NMOL/L
Prolactin 5.9UG/L

The low one Dhea-S was 1.5 umol/L(according to lab report 1.7 - 9.2 is normal)

Any input??

Hi Nicker! Sorry you have to wait until January 5. The waiting and wondering is hard. :hugs:

Okay, I think your numbers are good, coming from my uneducated self. They are very similar to mine, and my doctor told me those numbers were great (I am having a problem with low progesterone, though). It's hard to interpret because some of the numbers depend on relativity to other numbers. It's kind of an overall picture, is what I think.

I don't know much about the DHEA-S, but I think an elevation would be more worrisome than a slightly low level. That's just my impression and I know other ladies here know more than me about this one.

Lab ranges are individual to the lab. Let me give you an example: the first lab I was using had a range for Vitamin D at 9.5-30 (!!), and the new lab I'm going to has a range of 20-50. My level was 24, so in the first lab report it was very good, and in the second it was evaluated as being a little on the low side. :wacko:

But in my limited experience I think the number they really home in on, outside of obviously abnormal values or odd ratios like those seen in PCOS, is the FSH, and yours is really good! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->