Day after +opk....

K12B

Mummy of 2 wonderful girls ❤️
Reaction score
Morning :)

So I got a negative OPK on CD15, then a positive on CD16 and negative again today (CD17).

We dtd on CD14 but couldn't on CD15 or 16....

Should we dtd today or am I out again for this month?

Sorry, this might be a dumb question, but actually ttc is new to me!

Thanks xxx

Im pretty sure you can still get pregnant even if you DTD days before ovulation. Those little sperms can live up to 3 - 5 days in you! xx

You may not have ovulated yet, your LH surge indicates you're about to ovulate, and since this can happen a couple of days after a positive OPK I would definitely keep at it until you know you ovulated

I agree with Happycake because OPKs don’t confirm you have ovulated and only the LH surge I too would continue to DTD..nothing to loose :) xx

Also agrrr to Dtd again! My opks say they show positive 24-72 hours before ovulation. And then the egg survives for up to 24 hours so you could catch it yet!

OPKs most typically indicate that ovulation may occur within 6-48 hours, with 12-24 being the most common. It also doesn't hurt to BD the day following a confirmed ovulation because the egg can still be fertilized for up to 12-24 hours (though the shorter end of the lifespan is typical).

So go go go! Deploy the troops and storm the castle! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->