day time sleeping

Naimi

Reaction score
just wondering, where do your babies sleep during the day? downstairs in a moses basket/crib/travel cot/pram OR upstairs in their cots/crib/moses basket?

My littleman sleeps really well in his crib at night time, goes down awake about half hour after his last feed (10.30pm ish) and doesn't wake up until about 6am, so I have that figured out. BUT, he's very fussy during the day when it comes to sleeping. He'll happily sleep on me after a feed but then wakes up and is very fidgety if I try to put him in the pram (downstairs). I'm still getting used to having him out of my sight, so don't like to put him upstairs. I like him being close during the day, but I think I might have to learn to cope with that, because he really doesn't like his pram. Even when I take him out, he much prefers the car seat when i use it as a travel system. The only time he'll sleep in it as a pram is when he is already asleep and I just lift him in.

Naimi xx

Hi

During the day Finlay sleeps in the sling or in swinging chair or bouncy chair or the moses basket downstairs. If Olivia is being really noisy or if I'm doing lots of things upstairs I'll put him to sleep in the basket usptairs.

Lily sleeps in a moses basket downstairs in the day I like to be able to see her :D

xx

During the day Ryan will sleep in his bouncy chair or in the pram (although he much prefers the bouncy chair). I think it's important for them to make the difference between day and night - Ryan will sleep a lot longer when he's upstairs in the moses basket, in the dark and quiet, not a lot of interaction, etc. Have you tried swaddling him when you want to put him down during the day? x

Adam sleeps in his chair, mosses basket or pram during the day

He sleeps in his Cot at night

x

Olivia sleeps on her Play Mat during the day.

She likes to be able to be nosey and look around and the moses basket restricts that. She's not keen on her bouncy chair and the pram is usually left in the car but she does like to sleep in her pram if we go out or in the car if were going any where.

x

Caitlin sleeps in her moses basket down stairs in day. In the night either moses basket or my OH co-sleeps with her (much to my horror being over protective lol) sometimes they snuggle on the futon we have in the second room next to livingroom or should I say he pulls the matress off and takes it into my livingroom :dohh: thats mainly because shes still feeding every 3 hours! She also sleeps in the bouncer if she nods off whist in that & of course in the pram if we are out and asleep when we get back.

Oliver was very similar to Matthew Naimi. We can put him down in his moses basket after his last feed at night and he will settle by himself within 10mins or so. In the daytime however he would only sleep in my arms and usually wake up when i tried to put him down! I could sometimes get him to settle in his bouncer chair but even then he'd wake when i left the room! Thing is though we have a nightime routine where we bath him, give him his bottle and all the time we do so in dim light and we dont speak. We then swaddle him and just pop him in his moses basket and leave him to it, he'll settle. We cant do this during daytime cus it will confuse him..! What we recently found was that he will settle if we lay him on his tummy on his playmat and rub his back till he falls asleep.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->