Day to start Ovulation testing

Sand03

Reaction score
Hello All, I have been using Clearblue Ovulation tests (the one with peak days). I am also using Ovia for tracking purposes, so when Ovia tells me I am on my "fertile window" I begin the ovulation testing. My cycles are around 26-27 days and Ovia tells me that my fertile window usually starts on CD11-12. My doctor says that I ovulate on the 14th but with Clearblue I don't get a peak until CD16 or CD17. I am just confused and worried that I might be missing my fertile window and trying to late!
Maybe I am starting Clearblue too late on my cycle? Or does it really matter when you start testing? I just want to know when my fertile window really starts. Any suggestions? :blush:

Is this the one with just the solid smile or both solid and flashing? If you start too early with the latter then you end up with a bunch of highs that aren't true. So you have to be careful of that. I O anywhere from cd 12 to 25 but usually around cd 16-18, so I start my CB advanced opks at around cd 9 or 10

Have you ever temped? Or had hormone testing/follicle observations with your doctor? They cannot tell you when you ovulate without ultrasounds and bloodwork or charting, and even then your O day may not be static. Oing around cd 14 is common but a total average/myth.

My gyn says DTD every other day from cd 10 to 20 if you aren't sure of O.

Also if you don't peak until cd 16 or 17, you would not O before that. The peak is your lh surge which signals to release the egg. You usually O about 48 hours after your surge starts.

I would highly suggest temping for you to really pinpoint O. If you aren't oing until 17/18 and only have a 26/27 day cycle your lp may be short which will make ttc more challenging so you would want to know now

Your reader will register positive surges no matter how early or late you start, and you should not get a peak any time other than when you O. Some women do get lh surges the day before AF though. For reference, my surge sticks look like this

The day I O is the darkest one

Attachments

• IMG_7007.jpg
    IMG_7007.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7002.jpg
    IMG_7002.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics