daycare and nurseries

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
ok need some advice about putting the kids into daycare.

my inlaws have offered me loads of things if i go back to work because the people they hired to replace me are shite and she wants me to come back and kick ass, take over some things and hopefully sort the office out.

i always said i would stay at home with the kids until they went to school but actually what they have offered me is really good.

a new 40'' TV
£8 an hour
they will cover childcare costs
pay for gas and electric (we are on meters for both)
and give half towards our weekly shopping

so yeah... im going back to work in January for 16hrs a week.

what i want advice on is:
what do the kids need to take to nursery with them?
do i need to label everything?
where do i get labels that are waterproof like for bottles etc?
will they help potty train Rhys?
what happens if Rhys hates it?

Olivia is currently in Nursery, they ask that I provide Milk & Nappies as a must & her breakfast cereals

They ask that if I use wipes and would like them to use wipes that I provid them or else they will use cottton wool & water.

They ask for a spare pair of clothes to be sent just incase but I thik thats mainly for older kids to be honest

Olivias nursery have every type of bottle and they provide bottles for them whilst there and match them to the ones you use at home.

Olivias Nursery also like Children to be potty trained by the age of 3

I hardly have to put anything in Olivas bag when taking her to Nursery it seems so strange. They give her breakfast dinner & tea too

Hope this helps...

They also did taster sessions with her too.. She went into Nuresry 3 times free of charge... Th first time for 2 hours with me present and the second and third time was for an hour each with out me to see how she got on etc

x

what do the kids need to take to nursery with them?
They need snacks, diapers, or extra undies ..a change of clothes
incase ..bottles or sippy cups and any meds they may need

do i need to label everything?
It is very good to label stuff so nothing gets lost or taken

They make some for daycare supplies mabey google it and see whats in your area

That depends on the daycare , some do some dont you need to ask them they may charge extra

I dont know much about this one but if he seems to really really hate it mabey see why , it could be a certain child bugging him or the daycare person ..but as long as hes got friends and toys he should be ok
can you not try them for a few days ?

Hope it works out for you hun :hugs:

I know nothing about daycare but just wanted to say the offer from your work sounds amazing! You must be good :D

Hope you sort something out for the kids x

No advice since my childcare is in the US but I hope you enjoy going back to work :)

u could try ebay for the labels, im sure some personalise them on there. My friends son is in nursery and they helped potty train him, so no worries there.

I know nothing about daycare but just wanted to say the offer from your work sounds amazing! You must be good :D

Hope you sort something out for the kids x

lol:blush:

they had to hire 3 people to replace me and theyre all making huge mistakes :rofl:

i used to work in a nursery before i went on mat leave.

i wouldnt definatley suggest going to visit loads and take rhys with u children defeinatly get a good feel about places.

what do the kids need to take to nursery with them? in my nusery everthing was provided except nappies and we usually askedfor abg with about 3 changes of clothes for the day incase of accidents or getting really messy during play.

do i need to label everything? i would definatly suggest it helps staff locate lost items a lot quicker and easier

i think staples and places like that do them if not a school clothing shop

yep at my nusery we helped and followed whatever routine the parents were doing at home.

he might not like it intially but i would defiantly listen to what he says

if have any other questions pm me xxx

thanks a lot claire.. we've been to 4 different nurseries and there was only one where the staff seemed friendly, the others didnt even acknowledge Rhys was there when they were talking to me! really rude i thought!

will definetly take on all the advice and double check with the nursery on their potty training poilicies

i think thats really bad that they never spoke to rhys x at my nursery one member of staff would answer the mummys questions and another would talk to the child and encourage them to join in with play (if thats what the child wants)

exactly! thats what the last one did (the one we are registering them with) they got down on his level and was asking him questions then they showed him where everything was whilst another member of staff sorted out the application forms for me.

the other nurseries i went to seemed really pissed off that i had just 'dropped in' to pick up some apps. completely ignored Rhys, one nursery didnt even offer to show us around. they just seemed really... like they didnt want us there.

i have to say that these nurseries had way better facilities than the nursery we actually chose, but id rather send them somewhere with nice staff than expensive toys!

I cant remember all of the rules in the nursery Seth is going to but I think theyre all different anyway...

Just wanted to say good luck and congrats :)

xxx

exactly! thats what the last one did (the one we are registering them with) they got down on his level and was asking him questions then they showed him where everything was whilst another member of staff sorted out the application forms for me.

the other nurseries i went to seemed really pissed off that i had just 'dropped in' to pick up some apps. completely ignored Rhys, one nursery didnt even offer to show us around. they just seemed really... like they didnt want us there.

i have to say that these nurseries had way better facilities than the nursery we actually chose, but id rather send them somewhere with nice staff than expensive toys!

it goes to show that the ones with better facilities arent always the best. and i think its better if parents just drop in as it shows them what the nursery is really like xx

ye when we got to the one we chose they were just serving lunch (home made shepards pie peas and carrots) and they STILL found time to show us round and sort us ouit some applications!

thats really good and u got to see the quality of the meal to a bounus x

thanks a lot claire.. we've been to 4 different nurseries and there was only one where the staff seemed friendly, the others didnt even acknowledge Rhys was there when they were talking to me! really rude i thought!

THats what happened to me. I took my boy who was only just 2 at the time
and he was ignored. Nobody talked to him, made him feel welcome and he just cried all the time, so needless to say he hasnt been back since.

Trust ur instinct x

thats really good and u got to see the quality of the meal to a bounus x

it looked yummy! lol

i had heard nothing but good things about this nursery too so its definetly my first choice. going to take the applications back in this afternoon and see when they can start :happydance:

thats ace news im sure they will love it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->