Daycare Horror story...

MrsWhite

Reaction score
Sorry, this might be long. I recently changed daycares because of some policy issues with the old one, nothing to do with how my children were cared for. I have a 2.5 year old and a 7 month old. So day 2 of my new daycare; I change my 7 month old daughter when she gets home and her diaper is beyond SOAKED, stinky, crusted over with poop, totally soaked through to clothes. Basically it was obvious she hadn't been changed all day. I hate myself for sending them back there, but today I decided to mark her and my sons diapers in the morning and count diapers in the bag. Sure enough, today only one diaper apiece was missing. They had thankfully come home dry but clearly had been changed just before being picked up. They were there both days for 10 hours. Obviously they aren't going back. But, what would you do? Do you pay the sitter for the days? She has watched them 3 days, about 30 hours. Who do I report to? I am so devastatingly upset, angry, feel guilty, etc I'm sure you can imagine. I am just floored, I mean to just let babies sit in diapers all day long is seriously messed up. Who does that???

Are they a registered facility? If so you can file a complaint through the state. Just Google your state name and "child care complaints" and you should find contact information. I don't know what you should do if the place isn't licensed though.

Not sure who you'd report to as I am in the UK but just wanted to say how awful this is and sorry you're having to deal with it x

Thanks, I did look up a number and will be calling soon (I think they probably aren't open yet as it's 7:30 am here). My husband is calling the daycare provider today to talk to her and let her know we aren't calling back. I'm afraid he will be too nice, but if I call I'll be crying etc.

Daycare's are crazy! My little cousin is allergic to milk and her old daycare gave her milk and let her sit all day getting hives without bothering to call her parents. Her face was covered her mouth blistered and got infected.

I can't believe they let your LO sit in a dirty diaper all day long, I bet you the only reason they were changed is because they noticed the diaper was marked. That is just cruel you wouldn't do that to an animal why do it to a baby.

I hope you find a much better daycare! Good Luck and let us know what the complaint office says.

Omg, that is horrible! I can't imagine and would be through the roof livid! I hope your hubby doesn't let her off to easy. I would also write a review online so that if anyone googles her they will see how poorly she cares for kids. Absolutely unacceptable!

I filed a complaint with the state, they will follow up by doing a visit to her house. Whether anything comes of that I don't know. But I know three of her clients personally because we work together and I told them what happen so she will be losing a total of 4 clients...with a total of 7 kids, so I'd say that's a big hit for her. And her other clients might wonder why everyone left suddenly and start paying attention.

That's awful, your poor LO. I'd be so upset too.

[B said:
Hangin_On_AGS;30938869]Daycare's are crazy! My little cousin is allergic to milk and her old daycare gave her milk and let her sit all day getting hives without bothering to call her parents. Her face was covered her mouth blistered and got infected. [/B]

I can't believe they let your LO sit in a dirty diaper all day long, I bet you the only reason they were changed is because they noticed the diaper was marked. That is just cruel you wouldn't do that to an animal why do it to a baby.

I hope you find a much better daycare! Good Luck and let us know what the complaint office says.

That's terrible!!

My son has milk allergy and I fear something like this happening to him if I were to take him nursery, I thought they take extra care when it comes to things like allergies :(

OP, I really hope your able to get to the bottom of this x

That is terrible.
Your poor LO :( Please do file a complaint and hopefully this won't happen to another child.

That is awful! I'm so glad you decided to file a complaint!

That is terrible!!! File a complaint, record/write everything down to keep track of it all. There are daycares that are truly amazing, and others that are down right negligent. Same goes with nannies, childminders, etc. My SIL watched my dd for a week straight, I counted diapers and every day there was only one diaper missing. Decided I obviously can't trust family so I have a nanny and she is truly amazing! When you're looking for a new daycare, see if you can talk to any parents coming & going & ask them questions!

Wow, no advice but I'm so sorry you had to have that happen.

That is terrible!!! File a complaint, record/write everything down to keep track of it all. There are daycares that are truly amazing, and others that are down right negligent. Same goes with nannies, childminders, etc. My SIL watched my dd for a week straight, I counted diapers and every day there was only one diaper missing. Decided I obviously can't trust family so I have a nanny and she is truly amazing! When you're looking for a new daycare, see if you can talk to any parents coming & going & ask them questions!

Wow, if you can't trust family who can you trust?! I just don't understand the mentality that would allow someone to be ok with leaving a child to sit in their diaper all day. That is the height of laziness and it is downright abusive. To do that to your own niece, unthinkable! There are some people in my circle that I think do a better job than others, but I never would think that any would be negligent, you know? My husband suggested hiding a recording device in the diaper bag for the next daycare to get an idea of what's going on too. It's just crazy, because people can seem soooo amazing when they are "on stage" so to speak, but behind closed doors who knows what happens.

I worked in a day nursery for a while, and because of lack of training I wasn't allowed to change the children. But it was shocking the amount of time I heard '---'s mom is gonna be here soon, you'd better change her' surely children should be changed a lot more than once in the 10 hours they are there!

Our nursery changes little ones every 2 hours, wether they are wet or not. If they have soiled in the mean time then they are changed as and when. 10 hours is horrendous! xx

they are supposed to change diapers every 2 hours if it's registered. How hard is it to change the frigging diaper? I mean seriously how lazy can they be??? Did you raise this concern? I would be FURIOUS! Some heads would have definitely rolled.

Our daycare marked every diaper change on a piece of paper: the time of day, and if it was wet or dirty. Also recorded every feed and every minute of naptime.

Get out of that daycare, seriously!! Get it shut down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->