Daycare rant

1st_baby

So we had found a daycare that sounded perfect , and that was 15 min walk from my place.

Now heres what went on

1st day was 4 hrs with mom and nanny all was good .

2nd day 4hrs alone with nanny .. he slept lol

3rd day full day 10hrs with nanny ..had his breakfast at home ..bottle of 5 oz at daycare ..slept from 10-12pm ..had some fruit (banana)
played till 3pm..then she tries to feed him lunch which was rice with veg but get this the it was not purred at all , full pcs ..who in there right mind tries to feed that to an 8 month old baby ??? plus it was full of spices .. picked him up at 5pm brought him home ..counted the diapers I gave her (10) and noticed she only changed 1:hissy: WTF?? and he only had 10 oz of milk as per her he never asked for it ???

4th day full day
breakfast at home , bottle of 4 oz at day care ..
didnt sleep till 3pm because there was too much noise ..so she put him a room in the basement in a cot all alone , door closed no monitor??
I gave her some baby jars ..he ate the fruits around 12pm but didnt want vegs which was bullshit as he was starved when he came home ..and I had made her 24 oz of milk he only had 16 tops ?? once again only 1 diaper and he never asked for his milk ..

SO he out of there , we found a new one which we will visit tonight ..the lady is romanian and is lovely ..
She has her 19 month old at home and another 18 month baby coming in feb :) all her food is Biological and made at home ..but she prefers I bring him his for the first few weeks , if he seems interested in what shes eating she will offer some no problem ..diapers are changed every time the eat or before naps and after naps ..
She is also teaching the children the "your baby can read " program :) which im so happy about ..

Ill keep you all posted !

I don't blame you for taking him out of there! I would have done the same thing as that does not sound very compitant! :(

The other minder sounds a lot better! :) Good luck with it. x

i too don't blame you for switching, i can't believe the first one, hope you get on ok with this one sweetie, keep us posted x

Hope the new one works out better!

Hope all goes well with the new daycare, I dont blame you for switching!! x

cant believe that..dont blame ya at all for changing id do the same xx

1 nappy change!!! Thats horrible! How stupid!

At the childcare I worked we changed every child when they walked in the door, before and after every sleep, and also at around 4-5pm, so they'd be going home with a clean nappy, AND of course, every time they were dirty in between.

Its not that hard to provide quality care, it annoys me when people do a half arsed job, because honestly, the harder you work with children, the easier it is, because happy children are easy children!

Good choice changing! If all parents are like you it means that bad childcare centers and minders cant operate. Good for you!

What a horrible woman she is!!! Hope the next one is much better xxx

Its not that hard to provide quality care, it annoys me when people do a half arsed job, because honestly, the harder you work with children, the easier it is, because happy children are easy children!

This is exactly right and a philosophy lost on a lot of people!

Glad you found a caregiver more attuned to your liking.
:hug:

well the visit with the other nanny went so good! she makes all her food herself and its all organic stuff , the children s play area is nice and sunny :) lots of space and toys ..she has a seperate room for sleeping with baby monitors ..she has a crib and a playpen .

She is also teaching the children "your baby can read" program while there in her care , she changes nappies 5 times a day or more if needed . shes also 24/7 which is great.

as for the other one I broke the contract and i have to pay 375 :( stupid bitch wont hear anything i have to say ..arghhh that will teach me to sign contracts . at least the new one has no contract to sign which is great !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->