Days mixed up with nights

Aidan's Mummy

Mummy to Aidan and Oliver
Reaction score
Hey ladies

Aidan has really got his day mixed up with his nights. He sleeps all day during the day and then at night he is up every hour on the hour. Is there anything i can do to help him adjust and get his days and nights the right way round
xx

At 2 days... not really.

He will learn quick, if he is bf then he will be up lots anyways. Make sure daytime is bright and noisy, night tim is dark and quiet.

You just have to hang in there. I know it's hard work, but it does get easier. Just try, and nap when he does.:)

awww he will get there hun he is only 2 days old he needs to seatle into being in the world before he gets into a routine

hugs

Louise

when babys are inside they are being rocked to sleep all day hence why you feel more kicks at night time, theyll click on eventually hang in there.

Byron still sleeps all day and is awake all night. We had one good night a couple of nights ago where he slept from 2am til 9am, which was the best! But now he's got a cold so is snotty and mucousy and unhappy all through the night wanting to feed constantly and not settling even when being held. I'm hoping this new development of not sleeping from 11pm til 6am is only because of the cold and that things will improve as he gets better.

For the good night, we started giving him a regular evening bath, sitting up with him and feeding him so that he went to sleep about 11pm. He always wakes a half hour after we put the lights off, but then he went back to sleep after his feed that night. We're sticking with the evening routine hoping it'll help. Want to wake him more during the day but he hates being woken! lol

Hey my little man was upside down too - he napped at night and slept in the day. but he is so young if its still going on at week7 which my little one was I implemented the contented baby sleep routine and it worked the first night I did it and has since!

Hey my little man was upside down too - he napped at night and slept in the day. but he is so young if its still going on at week7 which my little one was I implemented the contented baby sleep routine and it worked the first night I did it and has since!

Can you explain what you did??? Im just curious!

Renah is just starting to realize she has to sleep in the night the last 3-4 days. I think what works with her is we try to keep her alert...sing, read,walk around with her...from about 9pm and then she stays awake on her own till about 12:30. She's been sleeping from 12:30am-7:30am every night for the last 4 nights :)

It gets easier as time goes. Harley still wakes me up throughout the night wanting to feed.

Byron still sleeps all day and is awake all night. We had one good night a couple of nights ago where he slept from 2am til 9am, which was the best! But now he's got a cold so is snotty and mucousy and unhappy all through the night wanting to feed constantly and not settling even when being held. I'm hoping this new development of not sleeping from 11pm til 6am is only because of the cold and that things will improve as he gets better.

For the good night, we started giving him a regular evening bath, sitting up with him and feeding him so that he went to sleep about 11pm. He always wakes a half hour after we put the lights off, but then he went back to sleep after his feed that night. We're sticking with the evening routine hoping it'll help. Want to wake him more during the day but he hates being woken! lol

yeah i know what you mean, if i wake Aidan he gets so grumpy bless him.
xx

Renah is just starting to realize she has to sleep in the night the last 3-4 days. I think what works with her is we try to keep her alert...sing, read,walk around with her...from about 9pm and then she stays awake on her own till about 12:30. She's been sleeping from 12:30am-7:30am every night for the last 4 nights :)

Wow thats a really good night. I bet your in heaven he he
xx

xx

wow, ya im jealous!

xx

wow, ya im jealous!

I'm probably in for a night of hell now for posting that :rofl:

jasper has no clue one way or another yet, he's 3.5weeks, and has no sign of a sleep pattern! day, night, doesn't matter to him!

They only differentiate day&night at 4 months.At 3 days your baby will sleep a lot anyways.

he's only 2 days old give him a chance n he'll come round, Alfie was the same, it's hard but it's sods law!

At 9 weeks its suddenly clicked that Alfie goes from 10 til 7 asleep now! It's lovely! You'll get there too x

he'll work it out, he's only a few days old now. You'll get there xx

Hang in there!!!

Hes only a couple days old. All babys have their nights and day the wrong way round nehows- Its hard work, but the baby will learn in time.

My lil girl slept through from 6 weeks onwards. We started a nightime routine from around 3weeks onwards. This helps a great deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->