DD2 is here and the induction was amazing!

BethK

Reaction score
A week ago today DD2 was born at 4.57am, 37+4 weighing 6lb 7oz!

I'd been in and out of hospital for weeks before with high bp and irritated uterus. At 31+5 I was given the steroids just in case she came early.

The week before DD's arrival I was in for monitoring every other day, on the Friday my consultant decided to keep me in and start induction on the Saturday 37+1.

Saturday night I was given the pessary and told it would hopefully work within 24 hours, unfortunately it didn't so Sunday night I was given the gel and told it should work within 6 hours. Nothing happened by after the 6 hours they could at least get in to break my waters.

This couldn't be done on the ward though so we had to wait about 20 hours for a bed in delivery.

At 9pm Monday night I went to delivery where they broke my waters. At 10pm they started the drip to make me contract.
By midnight I was on G&A and after my last horrific labour I decided I wanted to enjoy this one so I had an early epidural. Luckily it worked like a dream! I was sceptical as I had one with DD1 but it didn't work at all.

I snoozed from 1-4am, kept changing positions to try and wake baby up. It took from 10 - 4 to get to 4cm! We thought we were in for the long haul!
All of a sudden at 4.30am I had the urge to push, I was checked and I was 10cm.
My epidural dose was so low I felt the pressure so with a little G&A I pushed out our beautiful daughter in half an hour.

The whole experience was amazing. I was so worried about induction but it was far better than my spontaneous labour first time. Having a working epidural helped too of course :)

Baby Everly Rose is now a week old and we're all so in love :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 25
Aww congratulations hun! She's gorgeous! So glad you had such a positive experience xx

Congratulations she is beautiful xo

Congratulations she is beautiful and what a beautiful name too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"