• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DDH

Dottie

Reaction score
Hello we are new to this section. My daughter has been diagnoesd with Devlepomental Displasica of the Hip (DDH). Evie had been put in a pelvik harness for the next five weeks to see if it will fix her hip after that if it doesnt work she will need an operation and casts on her legs

Has anyone on here had any experience of this conditon ?

Thanks

Evies Mum

Hi, my daughter has shallow hip sockets. And I found a charity that is for children/adults with ddh and they were very supportive and they have a forum where you can speak to other mums with children with ddh.

My daughter had this and it was diagnosed when she was 6 months old. She had to go into traction for 2.5 weeks and had an op to put her hip back into place and was in plaster for 7 weeks and then another type of plaster for another 6 weeks so 13 weeks in total. You would never know she ever had it now. She walks fine, doesn't limp and can walk for miles. She has yearly x rays and the last one did suggest her hip might be coming back out but it also might have been the way she was lying on the x ray table. I'm choosing to believe the latter. She's being x rayed again in 6 months to check. Anyway what I'm trying to say is that there is light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully the harness will work for your little girl but if it doesn't then please, please stay positive. It really is a short space of time in your daughter's life. I know it's davastating when things like this happen but she'll never remember it and trust me it affects us parents more than it affects them! If you want any more info feel free to PM me xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->