Dealing with a child who has health problems

mpb1983330

Reaction score
I just want some support and words of encouragement from parents who have kids with health issues...
My story goes a little something like this...I've been married for 4 years to my wonderful husband...after only 6 months of marriage my husband and I found out we were expecting our first child. At our 20 wk. sonogram we found out she had a heart condition called Tetrology of Fallot with Absent Pulmonary Valve and also a Kidney Reflux disorder...Luckily she was born fine, breathing on her own and not born blue but at 3 months she did have to undergo open heart surgery. She came through it with flying colors...the next step was fixing her kidneys. So just 2 months ago she had ureter re-implantation surgery and is doing great...potty trained and all...but in the midst of all that she started having febrile seizure after she turned 2. So now that just adds a ton of stress and anxiety into the mix. Also my husband and I are struggling with secondary infertility...TTC for 19 months now and I'm pretty sure its from all the stress and anxiety we are experiencing from not only being first time parents but also dealing with all the health issues...Our marriage is kinda rocky and we don't really get a lot of time to spend together...
I guess I'm just looking for someone who can relate to what I am going through and what tips I can get on de-stressing and relaxing..>Thank you!

hey sweetie, my DD lyssa is 2 and has absent pulmonary valve syndrome if you want to pm me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->