• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dealing with asthma....

xXhayleyXx

Happy mummy of 6 :)
Reaction score
Any one have children that have ever suffered a severe asthma attack and actually stopped breathing? My 8 year old daughter did a couple weeks ago and finding it really hard to cope with it all. She spent 3 days in hospital after the attack and is now back home safe but the whole experiance has left me feeling panicky that it could happen again.
Seeing my daughter have to be resussitated (sp) scared the crap out of me i honestly thought i had lost her :cry:

Guess no one has then, not that i would ever wish this on anyone xx

Hi hun
Sorry you had to see your dd have an asthma attack. Try not to worry too much. Although I am still ttc #1, my sister has bronichal asthma and has had it since birth. She still has asthma attacks, but has learnt how to control them, which I am sure your dd will do too. She lives a normal life and can do everything anyone else can.

Hope your dd gets her asthma under control soon

you poor love :hugs: how scarey that must have been for you all :nope:

I have 5 children, 3 of which are asthmatic and one of those has chronic lung disease as well(my little boy). When my little boy was 8 weeks he stopped breathing and I had to resusitate him and it is THE most scarey thing I have ever gone through in my whole life:(

I hope your daughter gets the right help and that this stupid disease (which I also have) can be controlled .....huge hugs :hugs:

Hi hun i have had asthma since i was born and was very ill when i was little i have learnt to control it, as i'm sure your daughter will, i know how hard it was for you to see your daughter like that from my own personal experiences of asthma. But the doctors are pretty good at these things- have they reviewed your daughters medication??

And if you are really worried about it happening again have you thought about taking a emergency first aid course? x

I can't even begin to imagine what it must have been like to see your child so poorly. I hope she's much better now xx

I agree with Kaci - maybe taking a first aid course would provide you with at least some sort of feeling of control over the asthma. My OH has had asthma all his life and is constantly on puffers - I'm hoping our LO takes after me. Apparently it is worst when they are children and sometimes they even grow out of it. Go to your doctor and organise an asthma action plan might make you feel more in control as well.
I hope your little girl is feeling better!

Hi,

My kids both have some form of asthma and I have been in the emergency room with my daughter few times. What needs to happen is to avoid asthma attacks for a least 3 years to make sure the lungs get time to properly recover.

I have manage to cure my son and aleviate the problem fro my daugther by going for 3 years in a row to the seaside (Italy, Spain, Croatia) and to salt mines (10 day of treatment each year in Transylvania/Romania).

No more puffers for my son, very rare (couple of times) for my dauther in the winter.

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"