Dealing with exhaustion - any advice?

LoneWanderer

Reaction score
It's 34+3 for me, and I am unbearably tired all of a sudden. Hit me like a truck, right out of nowhere, last week. Getting up for breakfast is enough to make me long for a return to bed. I am shattered all the time. I could sleep 20 hours a day, I reckon.

I've been ridiculously active all through pregnancy so far. Swimming at least once a week, every week - 20-30 lengths at least... Walking the dog twice a day or more - I probably cover two miles a day at a minimum, usually more... We went to a wedding at 31 weeks and I danced literally all night. We get out and about most weekends, wandering round town for hours. And I work more than full time (okay, at home and sat on my arse at a computer, but still pretty hard work) through the week.

All of that has been easy until now. I feel that, if I'm honest, I've breezed through the past eight months with very little to complain about. So, maybe this is my punishment haha!

Not looking for sympathy though. Pregnancy is hard and others have it far worse than me. Plus, this is my first - the thought of going through this AND caring for one or more small children just seems insane!

BUT. Anyone got an effective cure for tiredness? ;) I've still got at least three weeks of working to get through. The dog still needs walking twice a day, whether I'm up to it or not. Naps don't really fit my schedule, but is there anything that works for you ladies, gives you an energy boost, helps you survive the day? All tips gratefully received!

I think this is your body's way of telling you to finally slow down! You've been so active I can't get over that! I can't get out of bed each morning let alone swim lengths and walk a dog lol have you had your iron levels checked recently?

I think this is your body's way of telling you to finally slow down! You've been so active I can't get over that! I can't get out of bed each morning let alone swim lengths and walk a dog lol have you had your iron levels checked recently?

Aye, I really thought they'd say my iron was low tbh coz of how sudden the tiredness came on (and was dreading iron tablets as constipation has been the worst symptom of my whole pregnancy so far haha!) but everything's fine - blood pressure fine, urine fine, bloods fine. Midwife happy enough with me. So, apparently this is normal?! Lol, doesn't feel it!

I guess I was expecting to be way more active right til the end coz my friend just had a baby a few months ago and she was out hiking up hills and visiting nature reserves at like 35 weeks. And doing yoga and aquarobics and all that too. BUT she was a marathon runner pre-baby, so I guess she's not a great example to compare myself to hahahaha!

I am 33 weeks and last week I felt the exact same! Felt so exhausted and even went to hospital to get checked out because I just didn’t feel right. The midwife said it was my body telling me to slow down... I’m not sure whether that’s what it was or not but I do feel a lot better now. Probably felt like it for a little over a week! Hope you gain some energy back x

Ah cheers, that is quite reassuring that you are feeling better now and the tiredness didn't last too long. I will make the effort to sit down more hahahaha

:rofl:

As if I wasn't already shattered enough, now the blummin' dog has decided to be poorly this week. Both ends too, yuk(!) Seems he's not keen on his new worming tablet and has reacted badly... So now he needs extra walks each day to prevent any unfortunate accidents until he's back to 100% again.

A week ago I had all the energy in the world but the bloody creature has waited until now, when I'm barely coping even with his usual schedule, to require twice the attention! Plus I've got so much work on before starting leave in three weeks, and I'm falling behind because I seem to spend all my days circling the park with the pooch.

His name is Murphy, so pretty fitting really - after all, Murphy's Law is "anything that can go wrong, will" hahahaha!

He's lucky I love him so much...

:rofl: :sad2:

dogscan.jpg

Aww he's adorable :cloud9:
I hope he's feeling better soon and I hope you have more energy soon.

Awwww Murphy is gorgeous! Hope both ends get better soon lol!

Murphy is adorable, hopefully things get better soon for both of you.

Thanks all! He's a bit more himself today so I should get away with our usual two walks.

I, on the other hand, am shattered and sore and getting so ready for this baby to come out now! BUT tomorrow night I think I'm going to risk a swim anyway, probably my last week. I'm proper addicted to the water haha! I swear it's been my craving all pregnancy...

What a lovely doggy hon.
I suddenly came down with bad exhaustion about 2 weeks ago and it hit me like a truck. Turns out I'm badly anemic but I think that along with being heavily pregnant is making me feel so much more worse.
I feel so drained all the time.

Thanks all! He's a bit more himself today so I should get away with our usual two walks.

I, on the other hand, am shattered and sore and getting so ready for this baby to come out now! BUT tomorrow night I think I'm going to risk a swim anyway, probably my last week. I'm proper addicted to the water haha! I swear it's been my craving all pregnancy...

Swam 30 lengths last night, in less time than usual too.
It felt bloody marvellous. Seems to have given me some energy back.
Tiredness has definitely eased, for now at least. Must have just been a tough week haha!

Making more time for breaks in the day though, plus if I get to 38 weeks and haven't yet popped, and if I'm starting to really struggle, we're going to get a dog walker for a few days a week.Think that will make a big difference.

Swam 30 lengths last night, in less time than usual too.
It felt bloody marvellous. Seems to have given me some energy back.
Tiredness has definitely eased, for now at least. Must have just been a tough week haha!

Making more time for breaks in the day though, plus if I get to 38 weeks and haven't yet popped, and if I'm starting to really struggle, we're going to get a dog walker for a few days a week.Think that will make a big difference.

That sounds like a great plan hon. Glad u got ure swim.
The bloody heatwave is back again urghhh I'm dieing. :hissy::brat::gun::growlmad::help::sad1::sad2::wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->